Imagine the rewards of applying your background to a career that keeps commercial airplanes flying safely. Bench Technicians perform a wide variety of tasks including deburring, assembly/disassembly, light machining and assembling fasteners on various aerospace and marine and industrial components. Are you ready to propel your career?
Component Repair Technologies, Inc. (CRT) is an FAA certified repair station specializing in gas turbine engine component repairs for air, land, and sea.
Our success and world-class reputation in the aviation repair industry can be attributed to our long-standing commitment to quality of product and quality of service, ensuring we exceed FAA standards and customer expectations. Something founder Tom Wheeler realized early on is that we work best as a team and the RAOWIT concept: employees performing “Random Acts of Whatever it Takes.” There is important work to do that requires many skills and specializations and RĀOWIT reminds us that we are all important parts of the process. We all matter at CRT.
Watch the company video: https://componentrepair.com/join-us/
Since its early years, Component Repair Technologies has held events that are centered on the employee and their families. The company demonstrates its commitment to providing for the employees and family with 100% paid healthcare premiums, 401(k) matching, and profit-sharing bonuses. Additionally, we offer:
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Wellness programs, onsite gym, and EAP services
- Career path and development opportunities
- Fun employee and family events throughout the year, including our annual holiday party
What will your workday look like?
- Bench technicians troubleshoot, breakdown, repair and overhaul in compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Use a variety of hand power and non-power tools to perform various shop operations. Use fixtures and stationary equipment provided. Acquire personal tool list of standard non-power tools such as files, hammers and wrenches.
- Perform disassembly and assembly of turbine engine components. Assembly and installation methods include press-fit bushings and inserts, rivets, self-locking nuts, helicoils, lock wiring, etc. Determine proper torque when required.
- Use power and non-power tools to deburr after machining operations. Deburr various metals, plating, and thermal spray coatings.
- Remove nicks and high metal; blend to create smooth transitions or return parts to original contour.
- Drill, tap, re-drill holes. Use hand drills, reamers, chamfer tools, and taps.
- Operate small machines (surface grinder, drill press, hone, lathe, Bridgeport) to manufacture or modify parts. Size and cut bushings, pins, or other small parts for proper fit for installation.
- Cut, blend, and fit patches.
- Apply various compounds such as RTV and epoxy coatings to bond parts during assembly or to seal joints.
- Rack or unrack parts for various operations such as heat treat, welding, or machining.
- Communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status with customers at all levels.
- Ability to work frequent unscheduled overtime including weekends and holidays.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors, and customers.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings.
- Own a basic set of hand tools.
OEM, BLAST, GRIT, MECHANIC, AUTO MECHANIC, AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC, AUTO BODY, AUTO BODY WORK, SANDBLAST, ALUMINUM, PARTS, TITANIUM, REPAIR, OVERHAUL, CLEANING, NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING, WATER BLASTING JOBS, HYDRO BLASTING, INDUSTRIAL PLANT CLEANING, INDUSTRIAL CLEANING, TECHNICIANS, ETHANOL PLANT JOBS, TRUCK JOBS, AUTOMOTIVE JOBS, AUTOMOTIVE FIELD JOBS, POWER PLANT JOBS, ENGINE JOBS, SHUTDOWN JOBS, AUTO JOBS, AUTO SERVICES, OSHA, TANK CLEANING, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, ASE, MACS, ALL DATA, Luk, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, entry level, entry-level, third shift, 3rd shift, off shift, off-shift, A1 Engine Repair, A2 Automatic, Transmission, Trans axle, A3 Manual Drive Train and Axles, A4 Suspension and Steering, A5 Brakes, A6 Electrical/Electronic Systems, A7 Heating and Air Conditioning, A8 Engine Performance
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.
The CRT team utilizes texting in its recruitment process; you may receive texts from application through the hiring stage.