EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Purchasing Specialist
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Purchasing Specialist in St. Louis, MO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and conducts effective and appropriately prioritized acquisitions of equipment, materials, supplies and services.
- Analyzes bids and proposals for content and price, negotiates pricing, selects vendors and awards contracts in accordance with the authorized approval levels.
- Ensures that the deliverable goods and services meets the needs and requirements by assisting the requesting location with the development of specifications and scope of work.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to Stanford/EFS employees and bidding companies contractual agreements and formal procurement processes.
- Provides continuous effort to improve procurement operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly with others in order to provide quality customer service.
- Participating in the strategic assessment of potential subcontracts.
- Providing complete contract administration functions with a particular focus on change management to include the documentation of potential changes to scope and schedule, tracking extra work requests and site instructions and the final negotiation of subcontract changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to six years work related experience.
- Must have good MS Office skills.
- JDE experience is highly desirable.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled