About the Company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the Role
We are one of the fastest growing news sources in the finance industry -- and aim to be a 24-hour news team making real-time decisions based on the day’s events and what our users care about. We want to reinvent the way finance news is gathered, shared and read for the next generation. Our team writes original content (see: Robinhood Snacks), partners with leading publishers (e.g., Bloomberg) and powers breaking news notifications that reach millions.
As a News Curator you will:
Identify and highlight the most relevant financial news content for a national audience. You will help our news products work faster, get smarter and delight more people every day. In this role, you will have three main responsibilities:
Curate, understand and promote financial news
- Highlight the best and most timely news stories for our national audience of Robinhood customers
- Label, group and title news stories throughout the day to make financial news easier to digest
- Craft engaging new features within Robinhood’s newsfeed, such as trending news, curated clusters of news, and other ways to help users discover news most relevant to them
- Measure news stories’ performance on Robinhood and understand content that resonates with our audience
- Help set and maintain Robinhood’s journalistic standards
- Ensure a balance of perspectives, topics, and formats across our news products
- Strategically place daily Robinhood Snacks news articles, podcasts, and videos into the Newsfeed
- Develop systems for highlighting consistent daily Snacks video material as “destination” material to build daily habits
Develop modern editorial processes
- Create standard ways of gathering content in real-time and assessing its quality quickly
- Deliver findings daily to the Snacks team, helping strengthen Robinhood’s original news product with data and analytics
- Build systems and processes to find and tag new content efficiently
- Drive content classification across topics, authors and interests
- Write concise, compelling, and digestible copy in Robinhood’s editorial voice for features in Robinhood’s newsfeed and breaking news push notifications, bringing credibility and style.
Evolve your strategy based on user behavior
- Design and run experiments to help build a modern financial news platform
- Learn about and share findings around content, format, and timing
- Explore various distribution methods (e.g., in-app, in-email, social media)
- Communicate directly with our publisher partners to extend, modify, or end relationships based on results.
You’ll take the initiative and run your own projects from idea to completion working with compliance and a team of rockstar engineers. You will use your newsroom experience and fluency with data to create and maintain an extraordinary product. Here, you will have the opportunity to transform your career in a fun environment that supports excellence and autonomy.
Some things we consider critical to being a News Curator:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in a newsroom setting
- Previous experience working in a newsroom, working in and reacting to breaking-news situations
- Fluency with creating for and measuring performance of digital media products
- A love for news, and keen editorial judgement
- Ability to analyze data and communicating findings to the team
- Willingness to learn and develop new tools
- Flexibility and willingness to try new methods or adapt existing methods.
- An entrepreneurial mindset
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.