Manages the operation of a Walgreen store.
Improves store sales, profitability and image through proper merchandising, protection of store assets, the selection, training and development of team members, and modeling and delivering a distinctive and delightful customer and patient experience.
- Monitors and analyzes the customer service provided by team members. Offers reminders, training, and encouragement, and develops action plans for improvement in both retail and pharmacy.
- Greets customers and clinic patients, and offers assistance with products and services.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer and patient experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Resolves customer complaints and helps respond to customers' special needs.
- Supervises operation of the store and pharmacy, including opening/closing/changing shifts, task delegation and scheduling team members.
- Supervises the control of the store money including register counts, withdraws from bank, armored car pickups, safe deposits, change orders and oversees all aspects of bookkeeping including ledger, invoices, cash reports and time records.
- Supervises merchandising by planning and implementing sets and resets and revisions of basic department and end stands, display tables, and promotional space, using multiple discount pricing, signs, advertising, promotional items, seasonality, etc.
- Analyzes inventory trends and supervises inventory management, including ordering items, keeping stock, and liquidating stock and leveraging company resources to avoid outs and overstock.
- Supervises receiving, stocking, pricing, returning, and transferring of merchandise.
- Ensures execution of District Manager operational feedback.
- Implements store organization through proper hiring and placement, scheduling of work assignments and delegation.
- Ensures that store/grounds are clean and presentable; manages repair and maintenance; responds to emergencies.
- Manages operations of assigned location including strict compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the sale of alcohol, tobacco, fresh food, and pharmacy products.
- Ensures staff has working knowledge of all computer and technology systems and software (e.g. registers, StoreNet, Intercom+, etc. Ensures response to all systems problems by contacting information technology support.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Daily Planning and Execution
- Assigns daily operational responsibilities and tasks and sets expectations for store team members and assistant managers.
Business Performance Management
- Analyzes financial and performance data; develops action plans to increase sales and control costs.
- Reviews KPIs daily and prepare to discuss with district management.
- Reviews and analyzes asset protection data and develops and implements action plans to reduce loss.
- Analyzes pharmacy performance indicators and works with the pharmacy manager to enhance the performance of the pharmacy, ensuring support during busy periods, including serving as a pharmacy technician, when necessary and allowed by law.
- Analyzes performance indicators of the clinic and works with Clinic Coordinator or Manager to ensure performance and support.
- Identifies sales opportunities to ensure the growth and performance of the store and pharmacy.
- Manages inventory levels through ordering, keeping stock, liquidating stock, anticipating fast selling items and seasonal changes.
People and Performance Management
- Manages team member performance by assigning responsibilities, setting goals and expectations, observing performance, providing feedback and giving recognition. Manages employee career progression.
- Monitors and ensures timely completion of required training programs, including pharmacy training programs, for all team members within the store; provides coaching for team members.
- Makes hiring, promotion and termination decisions.
- Addresses issues and disciplines store team members, engages with Employee Relations and Human Resources as appropriate.
- Develops employee performance plans and follows up according to deadlines.
- Monitors and approves team member compensation.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing expectations, tracking results, showing enthusiasm and sharing vision.
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policies, applicable employment laws, and is consistently fair in the treatment of all team members
- Communicates regularly with team members through one-on-one discussions, group meetings, soliciting input, answering questions, and ensuring communication is open between management and non-management team members.
Training and Personal Development
- Participates in company and on-the-job training to improve skills and productivity and attends training requested by District Management and corporate.
- Follows performance improvement plans offered by District Manager.
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, learning about the fields of retail and management, seeking best practices, and learning about the pharmacy.
- Serves as liaison between district, corporate and the store to provide a communication channel, respond to requests, provide feedback and implement initiatives.
- Conducts community outreach (e.g., speaks with members of community, physicians in area).
- Assists District Manager in planning and attending community events.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of retail management experience or High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of retail management experience.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including extended days, evenings, and weekend hours.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of retail management experience, including supervising others, managing, and assigning work.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.