Senior Analyst Compliance
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst, Compliance, you will monitor compliance with control standards for HAFS Record to Report (RTR) and Revenue Accounting (RA) teams as we seek to maintain a strong control environment. You will support initiatives for optimizing control effectiveness, ensuring process consistency, and identify operational improvement opportunities for Record to Report (RTR) and Revenue Accounting (RA) teams.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform centrally-executed control testing for RTR/RA balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries
- Analyze data to produce useful recommendations to enhance controls
- Build standard reporting, dashboards, and metrics for compliance using various data sources
- Prepare analysis and presentations for monthly compliance reporting and reviews with leadership team
- Create/maintain standard operating procedures and training materials related to control execution
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and other business partners to support SOX and SOC 1 testing processes and requirements
- Partner with RA and RTR team members on process and control issues
- Support process consistency and share best practices for RA and RTR activities, particularly as they relate to the execution of control activities
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic teammates who are passionate about using data analytics skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion.
Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including the ability to clearly explain analytical topics to a wide audience
- Ability to build and interpret data models to support compliance analysis and reporting
- Proficiency in analyzing and translating data into relevant information for decision-making
- Self-starters, who take initiative and ownership to drive and implement goals, operate with a customer service focus and positive attitude and possess the adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who are organized to effectively prioritize and handle several tasks
- Dynamic problem solvers, who strive to use good judgment and business insight to identify and resolve issues effectively
- Ardent learners, who strive to master new technologies
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of relevant analytical work experience
- Two (2) years in audit, accounting, or internal controls
- Strong knowledge of SOX controls and internal controls in general
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA license
- Hospitality industry experience
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.