Market Range: 05
Hiring Range: $15.73 - $18.88/hourly
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, this position works within the Department of Pharmacology to participate in research projects focused on the behavioral, pharmacological, and neural mechanisms of drug addiction. Uses rat models to study how the abuse of drugs affect behavior, brain, and ultimately lead to addiction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the rat model study and ascertains how the abuse of drugs affect behavior, the brain, and ultimately addiction.
- Assists the PI conduct a study of behavioral, pharmacological, and neural mechanisms of drug addiction.
- Participates in surgical procedures and collects and analyzes data under the supervision of the PI.
- Maintains rat colonies and trains rats with behavioral tasks.
- Conducts drug preparation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in one of the sciences. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: OR Combinationof college course work and work experience to equal eight (8) years. Must be willing to work with smallrodents/mice. (Skill withcolony management for rats and collecting and analyzing data preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to exhibit good communication skills and work ethics
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Windows Excel.
- Basic, intermediate level PC skills.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with basic statistical methods.
- Ability to maintain good time management and organization.
- Ability to display reliability, dependability, and commitment.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position may be occasionally required to work evenings andweekends.