FINANCIAL ANALYST II
Responsible for moderately complex financial analyses and reports for department management. Prepares and analyzes major financial forecasts. May be assigned analyses in support of organization’s annual budget process, expense/service fee/staffing forecasts, statistical reporting, or actuarial analysis.
- Prepares weekly, monthly detailed product/customer/supplier reports to support financial decisions.
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates, and reports data in order to increase sales productivity
- Prepares revenue forecast
- Prepares in monthly revenue variance analysis
- Prepares in preparation of monthly financials & financial close package
- Prepares in preparation of monthly forecasts, annual budget & board presentation packages
- Complete Ad hoc reports/analysis as necessary
- Assists with mergers and acquisitions and capital review
- Assist in the design, development and standardization of operating metric analysis
- Assists with monthly financial presentations and analysis
- Assists in the maintenance and reporting of operational metrics
- Provides analytical support for corporate functions and operations
- Manages forecasting to include detailed department level review of future cost trends
- Assists CFO, Controller’s office and business unit as requested with the completion of monthly and quarterly forecast, annual budget and any associated analysis
- Identifies trends and makes recommendations to provide revenue enhancement, cost savings and profit improvement
- In actuarial departments, develops pricing recommendations and new product designs/features to better manage business risk and opportunity. Develops complex tools, techniques, and analysis for use in decision making. Provides ongoing analysis of new products and performance trends. Develops formulas, methods, and procedures to document and support analysis. Analyzes prior pricing actions and reports out to stakeholders. Collaborates with IT to ensure product and price requirements are met.
- BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in related field.
- CPA/CFA license preferred
- MS/MA preferred.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency using Office and Access; utilization of JDE and Cognos preferred
- Specific proficiencies or abilities (e.g. software applications, certifications, licenses, etc.)
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of moderately complex assignments.
- Solid knowledge of organization’s technologies and practices.
- Ability to assimilate broad source data into planning models
- Ability to identify variances and trends
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.