Considered experienced professionals in the supply chain planning space with comprehensive and thorough knowledge to use under some oversight in conducting moderately complex activities. Responsible for coordinating multiple products or sites with medium impact on working capital, and medium-short term outlook. This includes supply chain planning operations, process development, planning & execution, customer & client interaction / business partnership, systems/data management, reporting & analysis.
This role's responsibility is the development of the warehousing & transportation plan, i.e. Planning warehousing & transportation capacity needs (Daily, weekly, and monthly),IBP Lead for the weekly deployment plan meeting, evaluate shipping requirements against available warehouse and transportation commitments and capacity, identifies constraints develops Supply Chain scorecard (performance metrics including cost, quality, and service measures ); works with team to root-cause and improve metrics.
45% Supply Chain Planning Operations
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and owns the Deployment Meeting for the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process for Cotton.
- Manages and regularly contributes to the development of projects and process improvements in the supply chain organization to drive continuous improvement to excellence standards.
- Creation of the warehousing and transportation plan (daily, weekly, and monthly) working closely with planning team, T&L and Trade Execution
- Manages process to ensure all customer requirements are identified, communicated and documented. Maintains relationships with plant operations to ensure adequate inventory is available, and customer requirements are within operational capabilities.
- Provides general leadership and guidance to the development of the delivery process to meet customer demand. Monitors coordination of supply between plants and warehouses across a limited subset of the organization.
20% Process development, planning, and execution
- Applies an extensive understanding of supply chain practices and procedures to develop and implement the medium-long term demand/capacity outlook based on various input sources (e.g. sales orders, forecast, contract position, inventory available, and direct input from sales/demand teams). Approves this demand/capacity plan for a medium-size team, and communicates with the sales organization, plant operations, and/or the supply chain leadership team.
- Uses KPIs and other dashboard metrics to monitor the performance of the planning components of the execution cycle.
15% Customer & Client interaction / Business partnership
- Guides daily communications with the commercial team, operations, trade execution. and Cargill Transportation & Logistics (CTL) to ensure team is effectively executing.
- Provides management oversight to the team for ensuring customer expectations are met from origination through order fulfillment.
- Facilitates and contributes to cross-functional product line teams in follow-up, investigation, and documentation of internal and external non-conformances, root causes and corrective actions.
- Utilizing a deep understanding of supply chain practices and procedures, develops a strong understanding of customer needs through building internal and external relationships to provide optimal service to key stakeholders. Where appropriate, build relationships with external parties such as consultants and agents.
15 % Systems / Data Management, Reporting & Analysis
- Evaluates quality supply and demand calculations for the team.
- Utilizes demand, production and sales reports created by members of the team to assess efficiencies and costs.
- Reviews and monitors score card and related KPIs within the team. Ensures team is establishing and maintaining key supply chain metrics.
5% People, Talent, and Budget Management
- May provide informal coaching and/or training to supply chain and cross-functional team, including coaching Cargill core values.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field OR equivalent experience.
- 3 years business experience in progressive roles.
- 2 years in supply chain, with exposure to Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
- Experience using ERP systems (SAP, ITAS, etc.)
Success factors / Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to support, champion, and implement change – proactive and creative
- Demonstrated high level of organization, problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage conflict and reach resolution
- Ability to effectively work in a cross-functional environment