Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Role model the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Act in a professional manner and always display a positive attitude.
- Speak highly of the company in the presence of customers and other employees.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Prepare bakery items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment.
- Offer product samples.
- Inform customers of bakery specials.
- Receive and prepare customer orders.
- Help control product loss. (shrink)
- Recommend bakery items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in bakery such as the refrigerators, freezers, scale and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Follow food temperature guidelines.
- Maintain temperature logs and ensure cases and coolers are at proper temperature.
- Measure, prepare and mix ingredients according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Adequately prepare, package, and label merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review “sell by“ dates and take appropriate action.
- Decorate cakes, pastries, cupcakes, cookies and other bakery items.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Check to make sure cake kit book is updated and kits are in stock.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions and note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud to management.
- Support company initiatives.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Must be 18 years old or older
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Bakery/Cake Decorating experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN || Memphis || 2835 Kirby Pkwy || 38119 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Deli/Bakery; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None