At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Talent Acquisition Business Partner to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
As a Recruiter, you act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You create trusted and valued relationships with your internal customers and external & internal candidates and work with your hiring managers and partners to achieve results. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You thrive in an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team.
You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You champion strategic initiatives among peers and deliver measurable results.
If this is YOU…keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented individual for a Talent Acquisition Business Partner (Recruiter) role located in Melbourne, Florida with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
Provide full-life cycle engineering and/or non-engineering recruiting, to include: sourcing, screening, qualifying, interviewing, and managing candidate relationships while advising hiring managers throughout selection process. A successful candidate must be able to effectively manage competing priorities, remain highly flexible in an ever-changing environment while consistently anticipating and delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions to our customers. A successful candidate must also demonstrate solid judgment, the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, procedures and the business. The ability to source and recruit qualified talent while maintaining excellent customer service with hiring managers, candidates and other stakeholders is required.
Strategic Talent Acquisition:
- Demonstrated ability to apply a business mindset to the talent acquisition function
- Make connections between all talent management phases (acquisition, development, retention and culture)
- Leverage data and market intelligence to develop and execute staffing strategies
- Successfully blend diversity, regulatory requirements and business strategy throughout the recruitment process
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the external recruiting landscape within their function
- Ability to successfully source and attract passive external talent
- Strong understanding of Boolean search methodology and execution
- Leverage sourcing data in weekly conversations with hiring managers and TA leadership
- Attain a high level understanding of our business, program, technological and cultural challenges
- Demonstrate uncompromising ethical standards, integrity and respect for people
- Maintain composure under stress and understand how externalized emotions impact others
- Demonstrate self-awareness of strengths and opportunities; act with humility by asking for feedback
- Serve as a steward of the company; placing the needs of the company/ department before personal goals
- Influence hiring managers, executives, candidates and peers by developing trusting relationships
- Advise hiring managers on effective interviewing techniques
- Effectively leverage compensation, employee relations and business partners when advising the business
- Routinely leverage metrics to advise managers, improve processes and/ or self-assess performance
- Operate with a high sense of urgency (action-oriented)
- Constructively push back and/or conduct crucial conversations with hiring managers as needed
- Proactively collaborate with recruiting assistants to ensure a smooth process
- Proactively serve as a change agent (first to adopt and promote new ways to delivering value)
- Consistently promote and adhere to compliance, diversity and talent acquisition processes
- Routinely identify innovative solutions to program, policy and process challenges
- Self-govern staffing data (always ensures integrity of values captured)
Candidate Assessment / Interviewing and Selection:
- Accurately assesses candidates (via in-person or phone) for cultural, competency and skill fit
- Quickly synthesizes candidate and hiring manager feedback
- Routinely pre-close candidates (early in the process) to ensure high acceptance rates- Effectively partner with sourcing team to ensure pipeline targets meet business objectives
- Bachelors' Degree with 3 years of Recruiting/HR experience, or a Master's Degree with 1 year of Recruiting/HR experience
- Experience in full-life cycle recruiting that includes collaborating and documenting the business needs with hiring managers, creating a recruitment plan, sourcing candidates, screening candidates, candidate assessment/interviewing, selection, and closing (offer and negotiations)
- Demonstrated experience directly sourcing external passive talent nationally
- Comprehensive understanding of OFCCP compliance
- Previous experience in both agency and corporate recruiting
- Previous experience sourcing, recruiting and placing technical talent with security clearances
- Progressive knowledge and expertise in sourcing methodologies, candidate assessment/interviewing, selection of talent, and closing strategies (negotiations, etc.)
- Demonstrated personal accountability and integrity
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.