United States of America
HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Collins Aerospace is seeking a Systems Engineer with Safety and Reliability engineering experience to join the Commercial CNS Systems Reliability, Maintainability, and Safety Engineering team. If you are interested in a dynamic environment for personal and professional growth, we invite you to explore this opportunity to create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
- Senior level experience and knowledge of aerospace Safety and Reliability analysis.
- Experience with a majority of the following deliverables:
- RMS Program Plans
- Reliability Predictions
- Failure Modes and Effects (FMEA)
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Mean Time Between Failure Analysis (MTBF)
- Systems Safety Assessments
- Fault Hazard Analysis (FHA)
- Maintainability analysis
- Strong customer skills and focus
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and long term projects
- Experience with presenting Safety and Reliability analysis results to customers
- Experience with requirements management
- Ability to read schematics and assembly drawings
- Critical thinking skills
RMS engineering will be expected to be competent in the reliability and safety assessment process, as well as the CNS product development processes, including Rockwell Collins Technically Consistent Process (TCP), ARP4754, DO-178, and DO-254.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Senior level experience and knowledge of aerospace Safety and Reliability analysis
- Working knowledge of aircraft or electronic systems is highly desired.
- Effective oral/written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and team skills.
- Knowledge on how to coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules
- Engaging in effective time management, working with a great deal of independence
- Basic knowledge of Agile principles is desired.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.