Software Engineer - Java
Location: Melbourne, FL
Job ID: #61291
1 year contract
The Wabtec Movement Planner product team is seeking experienced software engineers for a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be part of a scrum team responsible for supporting and enhancing an application for real-time traffic planning and optimization. You will be challenged to find solutions to handle railroad network traffic and generate movement plans to meet the business needs of multiple customers. Creativity is a must to support multiple customers and their operational goals with a single common solution.
- Deliver fully tested and shippable software for Movement Planner and related products, as part of a Scrum team.
- Understand a complex planning algorithm to effectively answer customer questions, resolve defects, and make enhancements.
- Identify and quickly resolve time critical production issues
- Contribute to peer reviews with the intent of strengthening the quality of software.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements to existing systems and platforms
- Challenge yourself and the team to continuously improve
- Improve automated tests to support continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Product Owners to maximize the value provided to customers with every release.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience developing software
- Experience with client-server architecture, microservices or RESTful services
- Proficient with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Hands-on experience testing/debugging software and providing solutions
- Experience triaging problems with sense of urgency.
- Ability to document system designs clearly and concisely.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, creating user stories and estimating effort of work.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely
- Self-driven, quick learner, results-oriented, and a clear focus on high quality
- Must be a good team player
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Experience with JBOSS or other application frameworks like Spring or Quarkus
- Experience with the following:
- HTML and CSS
- Angular Framework
- Python 3.6 and above
- IT automation tools such as Ansible or Chef
- Experience with Git and Github or Gitlab
- Experience supporting mission critical systems with 99.99% or higher availability
- Domain knowledge in Railroad Operating Practices.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.