Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
Although not required to start this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics STEM discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of software engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited university
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C , Java, or Python
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- An active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Familiarity with Rhapsody, Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo etc..)
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Familiar with XML Schema
- Eclipse or other integrated development environment (IDE)
- Knowledge of Linux systems with basic commands
- Familiarity with software test automation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.