At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal OTPS Design Engineer to be part of the Global Logistics & Operations Support organization performing Support Equipment Design for the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye Development, Production and Sustainment activities.
Performs analysis, development, integration, and sell-off of Operational Test Program Sets (OTPSs) for weapon replaceable assemblies (WRAs) shop replaceable assemblies (SRAs) avionic systems and subsystems. The position also include the development of DFDDP and SSM Report CDRLs which include the identification of potential OTPS design gaps and incompatibilities for testing Northrop Grumman supplier avionics on the Navy provided electronic Consolidated Automated Support System (eCASS) automated test station
- Responsible for reviewing and interpreting technical specifications, CDRL instructions, milestone definitions, Government and commercial standards and all relevant documentation to implement OTPS design, development and testing milestones
- Performs OTPS grouping analysis and individual TPS hardware interface requirements
- Responsible for OTPS panel interface device (PID) design efforts to ensure minimum use of active circuitry
- Responsible for performing UUT requirements analysis
- Responsible for performing preliminary and detail TPS design and development efforts for assigned UUTs
- Responsible for developing ATLAS and non-ATLAS code
- Responsible for performing on-station integration efforts of software and hardware TPS components
- Responsible for OTPS demonstration and sell-off efforts for internal and Government verification activities
- Conducting and/or supporting internal technical and non-technical review meetings as required
- Supporting all formal System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) meetings, i.e. SRR-II, PDR, CDR, ITIM, TRR, PRR
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Computer, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 6 years of test engineering experience or computer engineering experience
- Operational Test Program Set (OTPS) or Automated Test Equipment (ATE) experience
- Experience developing software / writing code in ATLAS, Fortran, Java, LabVIEW, C , C# or other OOP languages
- An active or Interim in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or Systems Engineering
- Greater than 10 years' experience using factory or field level ATE
- eCASS/CASS Operational Test Program Set (OTPS) or eCASS/CASS ATE experience
- Experience/Expertise in Radio Frequency (RF) or Digital circuitry design technology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.