Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
As an underwriting company, we assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline. We service and pay our claims fairly and promptly. The company is also defined by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength and local operations globally.
In Australia, Chubb serves multinational corporations, mid-size and small businesses with property and casualty insurance; affluent and high net worth individuals with substantial assets to protect; and individuals purchasing travel and personal accident insurance.
The purpose of this role is to manage sprints for development of enhancements to an existing broker facing platform. This includes leading sprint planning sessions, daily stand up meetings, demos and sprint retrospectives.
The successful candidate will be joining an organisation that is adopting agile development approaches to software delivery and as such they will be expected to facilitate the evolution of the scrum/agile process within the team they join.
The Scrum Master will be based in Sydney and will work with a Tech Lead, Business Analyst and Product Owner based in Singapore, and with a development team based offshore in Malaysia.
- Coach team members on agile processes and help the organisation by maturing the current agile processes
- Look beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of issues, and develop insights into resolutions
- Produce and maintain status updates, velocity trackers and product backlogs
- Coordinate and lead the daily stand ups, sprint planning sessions, retrospectives and demos as part of the sprint lifecycle
- Provide regular updates to broader stakeholders on status of the sprint
- Deliver sprints to schedule and escalate issues, clearing any blockers for the team promptly
- Relevant degree qualified
- Experience with agile tools and methodologies such as burn down charts
- Experience working with organisations that are transitioning to agile processes, as well as organisations with mature agile processes
- Ability to lead daily stand up meetings, including resolving roadblocks through mediation and escalation as required
- Scrum Master certification preferred. Can work in high pressure, demanding environments and deliver high quality results
- Experience running sprints with offshore development teams (desirable)
- Experience with agile/project management software (desirable)
- Experience in the insurance industry (desirable)