At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Property/Asset Control Support 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne FL.
- Your day-to-day will mostly be the operation of government/Department of Defense (DoD) and company-proprietary software applications/programs to maintain digital records (databases) of property, in accordance with company procedures or government regulations.
- You will maintain records and logs of property received, transferred, allocated, held and disposed, and will coordinate property transfers, conduct periodic property inventories, and prepare reports of property status.
- Receive, Disburse, Deliver and store both Government and Company Property. Be able to carry at least 50Ibs and walk short distances.
- Maintains records of property owned by government, company, and associate contractors in accordance with company procedure or government regulations.
- Maintains records and logs of property received, transferred, allocated, held and disposed; coordinates property transfers; conducts periodic property inventories; and prepares reports of property status.
- In addition, you will function as Engineering Stock Room Attendant, and will perform responsibilities including: Maintains records and logs of property received, transferred, allocated, held or disposed; coordinate property transfers, shipping, receiving, and issuing of parts and materials.
- Delivery of requested property to various locations within the Main Campus.
- Operation of a forklift
- Conducts periodic property inventories and prepares reports of property status.
- Position requires unrestricted physical work.
- Use of computers to enter transactions, validate information and maintain database.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution with additional education and/or related experience.
- Ability to be certified and drive a Forklift.
- Clean driving record and ability to drive a company vehicle.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Ability to work overtime and the occasional weekend or off day to support customer needs.
- Previous experience in Tool Crib Operations, or Inventory Management
- Former military, DoD, or aerospace experience, with knowledge of flight operations, logistics, and property management, is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) is helpful.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.