United States of America
HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is for a senior professional with knowledge and developed technical expertise in Manufacturing Electrical Engineering, who can design assembly line and sequences, test flows, and develop test strategy across multiple product lines. Executes changes to improve products and reduce costs, and reviews testability of existing and future products.
In a New Product Development and Introduction environment, the Manufacturing Electrical Engineer will be responsible to assure test equipment and the product test are ready for production. Also, work with product design engineers to make a product that supports automated test, wise reuse, defect containment and operations requirements.
Develops, implements and maintains test methods and processes in the manufacture and test of sub-assembly, module, and top level product.
- Determines proper test flows and test sequencing for the efficient flow of products through Mfg test.
- Provides technical assistance and training support to floor test technicians.
- Maintains all test documentation to current configuration and oversees accurate change management procedures for all test documents.
- Analyze Mfg test processes for cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop working knowledge of test systems and hardware.
- Provides technical assistance and support to sub-assembly and top-level testing.
- Review test methods and test equipment to streamline test processes and improve test flows.
- Support and initiate Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lean initiatives.
- Provides technical interpretation of drawings and specifications.
- Analyze and resolve design tolerance problems and provide feedback and recommendations to design engineers
- Evaluate, select and order capital test equipment when appropriate. Supply cost payback analysis and generate Acquisition Requests when needed.
- Coordinate design changes or design improvements with design Engineering.
- Provide capacity planning and utilization analysis for accurate staffing and test equipment needs.
- Analyze and recommend new manufacturing technology, provide business case and concept design as needed.
- Track/Analyse and Eliminate/reduce test defects and improve test yields. Perform root cause analysis and take corrective action to resolve test failures.
Other desired experience:
- systems and component level troubleshooting, diagnosis, and root cause corrective action analysis
- work within a government regulated environment, FAA, FDA, DOE, DoD, etc.
- software applications such as JIRA, SAP, and DOORS
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence required. Candidate must have manufacturing experience and experience with root cause.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.