Please review the job details below.
Want to feel valued as a developer and have daily impact through your work? Want to have an environment and culture that celebrates and supports your differences and encourages you to remain curious, to grow and develop while still valuing your uniqueness? Want to work with a team that is successfully practicing Agile Development that brings the work to the team which allows for a variety of new challenging opportunities? Do you want to interact with the customer or never see them; but either way have an impact and support National Security? Want a flexible work schedule to accommodate finishing your degree or avoid traffic? Even if you don't answer 'yes' to every question, look no further, you've found the opportunity and can pick your team.
Maxar is currently seeking a Jr. Software Engineer to join or growing team.
What does the job look like:
- Support software development projects that focus on open source tools, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, geospatial imagery and remote sensing
- Work on a dedicated, cross-functional team fully leveraging developer-focused, agile approaches with dedicated Scrum Master and Product Owner
- Be a key contributing software/product developer on a team embracing various new and established approaches, from C+
• to Go, Python, Java/Groovy, containerization and cloud deployment operations
- Support “ruthless automation“ of system and software deployment and test activities. This includes regression, system, and integration testing which assist in software development quality assurance efforts
- Stay fresh and curious by engaging in marketing demonstrations, customer training and providing meeting/briefing support as needed
- Capable of working independently to document and solve complex problems in a clear and repeatable manner
- Must be a US citizen and be willing and able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
- Requires 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Current/active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Cloud-based processing methods and tools, including AWS, REST APIs, microservices, IaaS/PaaS services
- Database integration: SQL and NoSQL, basic schema design, developer APIs
- Geospatial technology, including vector and image data, projections, open source libraries for reading/writing/processing geospatial data
- QA/test frameworks, e.g. Selenium, Cucumber
- Build-test-deploy frameworks, e.g. Jenkins
- Open source experience (such as contributions to projects, public Github account)
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- OPIR experience
- SBIRs experience
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.