To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by: assisting in medical care of patients and supporting front desk functions as needed under the direction of the providers, clinical associates or operational leadership.
- Accurately prepares and performs point of care testing such as urine dipstick, blood glucose, etc. as directed by LPN, RN or provider.
- Administers all medications as ordered and assures all documentation is noted.
- Knowledge regarding location of emergency equipment/supplies and how to use such equipment/supplies.
- Familiar with the Health First Emergency Kardex and responsibilities as a Health First Associate.
- Appropriately performs patient clinical intake, assists other clinical providers with office procedures, and accurately documents patient data.
- Administers injections that are ordered.
- Answers internal and external customer inquiries, directing messages to the appropriate individuals.
- Demonstrates and maintains working knowledge of front desk procedures and assists in these functions when dictated by workload.
- Communicates effectively with customers (patients, physicians, and other Health First Associates) practicing excellent customer relation skills at all times while organizing and directing daily medical assistant functions.
- Ensures that all exam rooms and equipment are stocked, cleaned, and ready for the next patient.
- Mentors co-workers and students.
- Able to assist patients with scheduling questions by accessing the scheduling system and ability to print needed information.
- Provides patient follow up and education to ensure patient’s participation in their care.
- Identifies and addresses informal complaints of patients or employees and refers formal issues to immediate supervisors or appropriate departmental directors.
- Provides a communication channel for Practice Manager and other departments.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and written with physicians, supervisors, co-workers, patients and vendors.
- Coordinates medical supply ordering with site manager.
- Utilizes supplies/equipment in a proficient and cost-effective manner when performing various procedures.
- Completes all required documentation and/or required forms.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Remains flexible and adaptable to changes in workflow, processes, etc.
- Accepts changes to the schedule or workflow based on patient volumes.
- Assists Site Manager with implementing and ensuring compliance with policies.
- Responsible for reporting to supervisor and/or appropriate departmental supervisor any technical, mechanical or electrical issues as well as suite maintenance needs or problems.
- Certification or licensure in a medical field required.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certified Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, Paramedic and LPN welcome to apply
- Ability to use and operate a computer.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain
AAMA AMT NCCT NHA RMA CMA