Providence is calling a Speech Therapist to Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR. This is a per diem/prescheduled on-call position with flexible day shift hours. Ideal candidates will be available to work a minimum of 2, 8 hour weekend shifts per month. We will also consider applicants who, at minimum, can pick up 1, 8 hour weekend and 1 Mon-Fri shift per month.
We are seeking a Speech Therapist that will manage and provide skilled speech/language pathology to patients/clients with a wide variety of diagnoses and disabilities, taking into account individual patient special physical or age-related needs. Requires skills in patient/client evaluation and treatment, as well as professional consultations to achieve maximum patient/client independence in accordance with individual's functional level and potential.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate patient/client current cognitive, communicative and swallowing status and develops individualized/measurable treatment goals and establishes interventions as appropriate to patient's age, condition, diagnosis, response to treatment and learning needs
- Plan and implement a comprehensive and individualized speech/language pathology treatment plan. Instructs patient/client and caregivers to assist in achieving treatment goals
- Terminate treatment as appropriate in relation to patient/client's age, condition, diagnosis and functional performance / outcome expectations and discharge criteria
- Communicate frequently and effectively with others involved in patient/client's care regarding scheduling, treatment plans, progress and discharge planning
Required qualifications in this position includes:
- Master's Degree from an accredited Speech/Language Pathology Program -OR- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) from an accredited Speech/Language Pathology Program -OR- Equivalent education
- Current Speech/Language Pathology licensure through the appropriate State Licensing Board
- Specialized speech/language pathology training -OR- experience to meet a particular department need
- American Heart Association-Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) with Automated External Defilbrillator (AED) for Healthcare Professionals within 30 days of hire
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
“Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.“
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.