Learn more about this role and how you can begin WorkingRight.
Our Electrification Business delivers reliable,durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in aninnovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel youradvanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integratedbusinesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide rangeof skills and experience.
This is anexciting opportunity in Talent, OR for an Embedded Software Engineer. CumminsUSA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as NewProduct Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact willhappen in these and other ways:
- Applies specialized knowledge of engineering principles andpractices to assigned tasks to develop and support activities in the area of electrical & electronics engineering.
- This may include one or more of the following: Developing the electrical andelectronics specifications. Designing electrical and electronic systems andcomponents. Analyzing and simulating electrical and electronic capabilities. Implementingand generating software. Verifying and validating controls, hardware, orsoftware. Tuning controls. Releasing controls, hardware, or software. Troubleshooting controls, hardware, or softwareissues. Servicing and maintaining controls, hardware, or software. Managing life-cycle obsolescence , Design and Analysis ofElectric Generators/Alternators and motors, Electrical Circuit Design,Performance simulation of Electrical Power Systems. Electrical and Electronicsincludes all electrical and electronic elements within the system: Open andclosed loop and OBD. Algorithms. Electroniccontrol modules and related microcontroller architectures. Electronic devices. Embedded software. Ignition systems. Battery systems. Electrical and Electronic tools andinformation products. Electrical and Electronic tool interfaces. Interconnectsand harnesses. Datalinks and communication networks. Machine electronicsinterfaces.
- Typical roles include: Electrical and Electronics systems,Hardware, Software,Controls and diagnostics design and Electronic controlsapplication.
- Applies technical expertise on complex componentsor projects with minimal supervision.
- Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
- Provides technical direction for a project or aproject team.
- Participates as a key contributor and isaccountable for project success.
- Influences at department or program managementlevel.
- Provides input on program-related decisions.
- Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineeringdiscipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and recommendsappropriate actions.
- Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coachesand mentors less experienced engineers.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Intermediate levelof relevant work experience required.
- Five or more years experience in asimilar discipline.
- This role is an individualcontributor in software engineering for Li-ion battery development.
- Relocation to Talent, Oregonrequired.
- Academic training in softwareengineering is required.
- Proficient in linear and objectbased programming languages for embedded real-time control systems.
- Proficient in following a structuredsoftware development process such as one certified under the CapabilityMaturity Model Integration at maturity level 3 or better.
- The following requirements listedabove are NOT actually requirements for this position:
- Analog/Digital circuit design,Harness and interconnect design, Mechanical design and performancerequirements, Electronic component specifications, Electrical environmentalrequirements, Electromagnetic analysis, Rotating electrical machines,Electrical power systems.
- Knowledge of electric vehicleapplications, including lithium-ion battery systems is highly preferred.
RequiredEducation, Licenses or Certifications
College, University, or equivalent degree in Engineeringrequired. Advanced degrees are preferred.
Base salary ratecommensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations andinclude options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash BalancePension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, DomesticPartners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equalopportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in theworkplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, nationalorigin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status,citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected bylaw. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide theSocial Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department ofHomeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirmwork authorization.
Ready to think beyond yourdesk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but wantto learn more?