Evaluation Energy Engineer – Entry Level
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL - Energy is seeking an Evaluation Energy Engineer –Entry Level to join our Energy Insights team. The Energy Engineer will perform field data collection, research, analysis and reporting in support of residential, commercial and industrial energy efficiency evaluation projects. The primary evaluation activity includes post-installation measurement and verification to ascertain the actual achieved energy performance of completed energy efficiency installations. This position is based out of our Medford, MA office and will require New England travel up to 50% of the time.
Tasks May Include
- Perform on-site building inspections and energy efficiency assessments of electric and natural gas systems
- Verify installations, operations and performance characteristics of energy efficiency equipment
- Installation of measurement equipment and analysis of measured data, including lighting loggers, power recorder and other data acquisition systems
- Perform energy analysis using advanced spreadsheets and building simulation software
- Analyze energy performance and report the impacts associated with efficiency improvements
- Interview energy managers, consumers, and other relevant personnel
Note: Please submit a cover letter with your resume that details your specific knowledge in the area of building science and energy efficiency as well as your strengths relative to the other requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Architectural Engineering required
- Related B.S will be considered only when paired with energy efficiency experience, or specialization
- Demonstrated knowledge of building science and energy efficiency beyond engineering coursework required
- Experience with natural gas using equipment, gas energy efficiency measures, combustion testing and monitoring is a plus
- Positive team-oriented attitude and professional demeanor
- An organized, detail-oriented approach and the ability to work independently
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time as required
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required. Mileage will be reimbursed
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, ability to climb ladders, and spend several hours walking around buildings
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: