Disaster Recovery Project Manager
Amazon’s Worldwide Real Estate organization is seeking a Disaster Recovery Project Manager (DRPM) to support cross-functional teams in managing physical repairs and recovery of buildings following disaster events in North America. This incumbent will be part of a team of project managers on the Disaster Recovery & Investigation (DRI) team
This candidate will manage construction and restoration vendors, driving efficient decision making throughout the physical repair and recovery process. They will use project management core competencies in building construction, equipment maintenance, and/or building systems design.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Rotate on-call for crisis events, providing remote triage, staging of key vendors, and general management and oversight of vendors to manage cost and streamline recovery.
· Streamline response, oversee physical recovery, and investigate root cause to drive continuous improvement to Worldwide Operations.
· Deploy or provide dedicated remote support for developing and executing the recovery plan for damaged assets
· Where local resources are constrained, provide field-based rapid hazard assessments and damage assessments of buildings, equipment, and inventory.
· Identify critical path for facility and operational resumption, overseeing complex repairs to completion.
· Lead logistical coordination of Disaster Recovery vendors, supporting creative and safe solutions for optimal recovery.
· Drive and monitor recovery efforts for major events until repairs are complete and operations resumed.
· Provide ongoing management of key service providers, debriefing after events, and driving continuous improvement to response efforts.
· Collect and report on key metrics of disaster events, throughout recovery.
· Work closely with Operations, Loss Prevention, Risk Management, and Safety on investigation efforts.
· Participate in after-action reviews.
· Support the Disaster Recovery & Investigation team during activations, including travel to disaster events where you will support launching new investigations into origin and cause, managing evidence, and ensuring chain of custody is maintained.
· Support continuous improvement initiatives using scientific/statistical methods to track and analyze key recovery metrics focused on time, cost, and quality.
· Initial goals will include a focus on facility re-entry, establishing a mechanism for quick consultation and dispatch of qualified professionals to assess structure, utilities, equipment, health and environmental impacts.
This role includes up to 30% domestic tarvel and on short notice to support recovery efforts.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Eight or more years in construction management, facilities management, or similar for commercial buildings.
· Three or more years managing physical repairs to commercial buildings, assets, and/or key infrastructure
· Basic knowledge of commercial buildings, critical building systems, and real estate infrastructure.
· Strong project management skills, PM certification or similar with ability to set timelines, milestones, and track toward completion within a high-stress, fast paced environment.
· Availability for on-call rotations after hours and weekends for emergency response support in North America..
· Advanced knowledge of design and repair practices of commercial buildings, critical building systems, and real estate infrastructure.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively.
· An excellent ability to build trust among colleagues and service partners
· Certification in FEMA disaster preparedness, Incident Command training, or equivalent.
· Familiarity with NFPA921 fire investigation protocols and processes, root cause analysis or similar.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $107,800 – $160,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.