Grill Cook - University of MD Rehabilitation & Orthopedic Institute- Food
2 weeks ago(10/3/2019 8:58 AM)
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The grill cook takes orders for grill food items, cooks and prepares the order, and gives the order to the customer. Providing quality service is essential to customer satisfaction.
- Sets up and breaks down the grill station
- Provides friendly and helpful customer service
- Takes the customer's order and prepares the order according to recipe, keeping in mind additional customer specifications or dietary needs
- Cooks items according to the specified cook times to ensure that they are safe for customer consumption
- Uses the correct portions when cutting and serving items
- Anticipates peak and non-peak service times; batch cooks food items accordingly
- Responsible for the appearance of food when serving to customers
- Restocks the station with condiments and food product as needed
- Adheres to the weekly/monthly cleaning schedules by completing the assigned tasks
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Lifts food pans from warmer to the serving line
- Operates and cleans grill station (flat-top grill, char grill, hood vents, fryers, etc.)
- Safely operates a meat slicer and executes proper knife handling
Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-trains at other stations at the location
- Works in other areas or departments as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team
Work Environment: Mostly works in front-of-house. Requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time. Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Time management skills
- Excellent customer service
- Minimum 1 year experience in the food service industry
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions
- ServSafe Certified
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Interested in this opportunity?
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.