MedVet is a fast-growing Emergency and Specialty provider with practices nationwide. We help our patients receive advanced medical treatments and innovations. Things like chemotherapy and radiation, cardiac ablations, treatments for glaucoma, physical rehabilitation, dermatology and so much more! We are looking for collaborative and driven people to join our clinical team.
We thrive on people living out our core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion to get their job done. Use your passion to drive the MedVet experience for our clients and patients, as well as your teammates.
We are looking for:
Emergency Credentialed Veterinary Technician
Never a dull moment in the ER! Are you someone who likes to be constantly moving from one thing to another? Our Emergency team is the perfect place for technicians who thrive in a fast-paced environment, can shift gears quickly and handle the stress of critical situations with ease. Every day is different and there’s never the same case twice!
What you’ll do:
- Record and deliver organized rounds, discuss cases and gather additional information as necessary
- Evaluating incoming patients and prioritizing based on assessment
- Partner with patient care team regarding treatment plans, client communication and nursing care concerns
- Provide client education including, but not limited to: home care instructions, medications (indications, adverse reactions) and general wellness updates on hospitalized patients
- Assist DVM with patient assessment, treatment and procedures
- Provide monitoring and nursing care to hospitalized patients
- Induce and monitor general anesthesia and sedation procedures
- Perform in-house laboratory testing and prepare samples for outside laboratory testing
Who you are:
- State Registered Veterinary Technician license required
- Prior veterinary experience required, previous emergency experience desired
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits, Vision and Dental
- HSA, FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- 401k with employer match
- Elective short-term disability and company paid long term disability
- Elective Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning on your first day
- Shift Differentials and On-call Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Pet Discounts and Pet Insurance
- Continuing education opportunities and assistance program
- Sign on bonus available to Credentialed Veterinary Technicians
- Strong career growth and personal development opportunities
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
MedVet does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters.
Tags: RVT, Registered Veterinary Technician, Registered Vet Tech, Registered Vet Technician, Registered Veterinary Tech, CVT, Certified Veterinary Technician, Certified Vet Tech, LVT, Licensed Veterinary Technician, Licensed Vet Tech, Credentialed Veterinary Technician, Credentialed Vet Tech, Credentialed Veterinary Tech, Veterinary Technician, Veterinary Tech, Vet Tech, Vet Technician, Veterinary Assistant, Vet Assistant, Technician Assistant, Tech Assistant, Kennel Assistant, Kennel Technician, Kennel Tech, Animal Assistant, Veterinary Nurse, Vet Nurse