MCA, your trusted advisor for wireless communications, data, and security, is seeking an experienced Project Manager in the [Nashville, TN Area] to support our fast-growing In-Building Wireless division.
MCA is building a team of people who share our values of service first, collaboration, trust, and engagement. We take our work and customers seriously and believe our best work can be fun. When you join our team, you join the MCA family! We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, Education and Certification Incentives and much more.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Managing projects and prioritizing for self, project teams, vendors, and contractors.
- Setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring the progress of projects.
- Offering solutions to resolve basic project issues with limited guidance.
- Managing project activities against schedule/milestones, effectively.
- Developing reports for management review.
- Relying on extensive judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Communicating and collaborating well with other teams and customers.
- Demonstrating awareness of all nine areas of project management knowledge (PMBOK) or applicable PM (Project Manager) standard with a firm understanding.
- Supporting the improvement of process/procedures to drive project efficiency.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM:
- 3+ years’ experience in a project coordination/management field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in relevant technology B2B industry
- DAS experience highly preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects or portions of projects and teams.
- Proficient with ERP systems and developing reports for management review.
- Experience with at least one of the following: public safety communications systems, cellular infrastructure, military communications, civil infrastructure construction, desired.
- Understanding of two-way radio, microwave, cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems.
- Understanding local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services, plus.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) highly desired or working towards PMP.
YOUR ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical environment requires the employee to work inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear; utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from the floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend/descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
Travel as necessary to support company and customer needs (up to 50%)
No Direct Reports
WHO WE ARE
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) provides wireless communication, data and security solutions that enhance workplace safety, security, and efficiency nationwide. Customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products, and services — including two-way radio communications, vehicle uplift, security video and access control systems, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless networks. Our more than 60,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, manufacturing, education, healthcare, utilities, and government. In addition to being the largest Motorola partner in the U.S., MCA has strategic partnerships with over 1,000 major manufacturers to offer an extensive portfolio of products and technologies.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We are better together through the MCA Way: living our core values of Service First, Growth, Teamwork, and Safety. We take our work and customers seriously and believe our best work can be fun. A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “Service First DNA” culture. Service isn’t just a motto for MCA, and it’s an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities.
NOTE: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace and is an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity. At MCA, we are “better together.”