General Dynamics Information Technology is currently seeking a highly skilled Staff Officer who will be able to perform a variety of administrative duties in support of our Customer. The candidate will perform; but will not be limited to; the following responsibilities:
Performs non-routine administrative and analytical tasks in one or more business support functions within the organization
Responsible for providing dedicated Staff Officer support to high profile Senior Executives. Responsible for coordinating, executing and troubleshooting complex end to end workflow processes or programs, and independently coordinating the resolution of issues across multiple work areas. Work is complex, diverse, and requires interpreting and applying established policies and regulations to often unique situations and under unique circumstances. Generally, work includes coordinating, organizing, scheduling, and executing, and sometimes creating, complex work processes or programs. Work is performed under minimal supervision with specific duties and responsibilities varying based on assignment.
Position requires TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
The candidate will perform; but will not be limited to; the following responsibilities:
- Primary Point of Contact and Action Officer for office and provides administrative support to senior executive by performing a variety of complex and routine administrative duties including follow-up tracking, coordinating through approval processes and bringing to completion.
- Liaison with senior executives staff in other agencies, congress, and White House to ensure required attendance and briefing materials are in sync.
- Plan, schedule, organize, and execute meetings, conferences and off-sites; may participate in meetings and events as a recorder or note taker. May brief or present administrative support related information.
- Arrange travel, coordinate itineraries, or otherwise support travel including passport/visa requirements, and travel and training vouchers.
- Coordinate the day-to-day administrative activities for the component.
- Coordinate and monitor task completion of other contractors within the component.
- Develop and/or maintain component Standard Operating Procedures.
- Draft/edit correspondence, briefings, and presentations for the senior executives review.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple critical deadlines simultaneously.
- Quality check all materials for the senior executives review and/or signature.
- Coordinate with component staff to build read-ahead materials and briefing books to prepare senior executives for meetings, conferences, and other public events.
- Research and/or retrieve data and information from databases.
- Vet incoming correspondence, summarize/highlight key issues or topics, and follow up to ensure proper and timely response.
- Make all travel arrangements, both foreign and domestic, and prepare all expense documents related to the executives travel.
- Gather budget requirements and/or monitor spend plans related to project, function, or business area.
- Ensure back-up support is provided within component divisions as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration.
- Position requires TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration.
- Ten (10) years of senior administrative expertise for Deputy Director/CEO, SES level executives.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience in writing/editing correspondence and briefings for senior executives.
- Subject matter expertise sufficient to interpret and apply established policies, procedures, and guidelines to unique situations or under unique circumstances.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Outlook,).
- Advanced proficiency in sharepoint applications.
- Extensive knowledge of IC administrative processes and procedures related to area of assignment.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Basic understanding of Project Management fundamentals, sufficient to plan, coordinate and execute end-to-end administrative support to a process, project/program
- Demonstrated ability to develop a professional network across organizational boundaries and at all levels
- Eight (8) yeears of experince.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.