Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, detail orientated, and talented individual for the position of Software Engineer.
Summary: The Software Engineer will support a growing data/ science/data engineering ecosystem currently in development which includes shifting demands and priorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect systems using enterprise tools and capabilities (e.g. authentication services, audit, etc.) as follows:
- Architect a new data science system for the Sponsor that will connect with the Sponsor’s existing systems.
- Design and build a system that emphasizes the ingestion of data, and push data and services to users.
- Maximize efficiencies and reduce long-term O&M costs.
- Manage and maintain the Sponsor’s existing software applications and environments, including managing uptime, scaling, and system administration.
- Develop and maintain connections between the Sponsor’s existing systems and third party systems.
- Gather requirements, develop program schedules, and monitor program execution.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage system documentation and the Sponsor’s A&A process for the Sponsor’s existing systems.
- Develop and disseminate progress reports for external audiences.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Your compliance with the vaccination requirements of the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety, Executive Order 14042, as applicable for your direct or indirect work on or in support of a covered federal contract.
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence Polygraph
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Expertise in building automated ETL pipelines/workflows in Python-based environment (e.g. Apache Airflow or Prefect).
- Demonstrated knowledge of techniques for entity resolution/aggregation and linking rich data together across diverse and broad datasets.
- Demonstrated experience successfully building and deploying applications to serve and process large volumes of data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data governance best practices on data sourcing and data compliance management.
- Demonstrated experience building, deploying, and managing cloud-based applications.
- Experience developing and coordinating system-to-system interfaces across enterprise applications and data stores.
- Experience using Apache NiFi.
- Demonstrated experience managing heterogeneous data holdings in accordance with Sponsor’s regulations.
Physical Requirements: This position requires employees to be willing and able to: sit, bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk.
Communication: Excellent customer service via phone and face to face conversation, excellent written and oral command of English.
An exciting and rewarding career awaits you with Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS). GRS is a management consulting company to government and business that offers great career opportunities and a comprehensive slate of employee benefits to our employees including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance and a retirement plan. GRS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status