Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Senior Product Manager at Splunk, you will help to evolve, refine and grow our IT Ops solutions and platform in order to delight our users by saving them time: by providing insightful contextual data to events in their environment, by focusing their attention on important alerts, and by accelerating their ability to understand and solve for those issues, all as effectively and as efficiently as possible.
- Drive the product vision for critical parts of our product, ensuring your focus areas align with our broader product, customer and company needs
- Understand customer and user needs in depth; communicate those needs crisply and succinctly within Splunk; and work with design and engineering teams to translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap and high-impact, innovative features
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Collaborate with product marketing, support and the sales team to solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and to be clear on the minimum capabilities that matter
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole
- Strong written and verbal organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience and energy
- A passion for usability and a knack for simplicity
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- 5-7 years of experience in product management or technical product management role
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- MBA from a top-tier program
- Background in enterprise SaaS; bonus if those were monitoring or analytics products
- Experience with Machine Learning technologies
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.