Senior Director, Distribution Channels Americas
The Global Distribution team plays a critical role in supporting the Global Sales Organization. Our DS Systems team creates automated solutions that aid in executing the retail compensation component of Hilton’s partner agreements with Online Travel Agencies, Travel Management Companies, Meeting Planner Companies, and key accounts globally. Global Distribution performs data capture, calculation, reconciliation, and payout of commissions on behalf of Hiltons’ 6400+ hotels globally.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Director Distribution Channels Americas will lead account management and key commercial negotiations with third parties and evangelize the Distribution objectives with cross-functional key partner groups within the Americas organization. The incumbent will make critical, data-driven decisions and push distribution initiatives from ideation through to execution in a highly cohesive fashion.
The ideal candidate should possess a keen understanding of the digital channels landscape and will be tasked with delivering updates on progress against critical metrics, stated deliverables, data-driven results, tracking, and optimization.
This role will also be responsible for establishing the guardrails for new channel engagement and the continued enhancement of existing partner performance, providing continuing education to hotels about levers, tools, and data that they can use to drive market share, as well as acting as the liaison between Distribution and internal teams. The Sr. Director will also lead and support partner engagement efforts, distribution business initiatives, and team member engagement plans.
More specifically, you will:
- Create, communicate, and implement a well-defined digital distribution channel strategy and roadmap with clear critical metrics
- Ensure successful integration of third-party channel initiatives into broader Commercial strategies
- Manage, report, and communicate, across multiple commercial forums, performance against important metrics weekly, monthly, and annually
- Monitor segment results and impact on pipeline goals, recommending processes, initiatives, and efficiencies to increase value
- Enhance company-wide understanding of the digital third-party space by overseeing and improving the organizational design, structure, priorities, processes, and reporting mechanisms
- Provide subject matter expertise on the tracking, tagging, data management, and channel enablement needs of the third-party channels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create metrics and targets for measuring results and improving forecasting
- Socialize weekly state of the business reports and address ad hoc requests from senior leadership
- Build, lead, and develop a team of commercial professionals
- Identify new online third-party options and partners through analysis, data, trends, and channel insights
- Direct the creation and maintenance of frequent and accurate monitoring, analysis, tracking, and Quality Assurance (QA) processes across all channel partners and associated tools and processes, driving continuous improvement.
- Effectively negotiate third-party contracts, stay current with distribution-related legislation and support strategic engagement with influencers in the space.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Demonstrated ability to drive revenue and create growth through online third-party channels
- Recent experience managing a large online channel at scale and developing plans to improve that business
- Deep understanding of the OTA, Bedbank/Wholesale, metasearch, and overall distribution landscape
- Validated ability to negotiate sizeable distribution contracts
- Critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytics skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to creatively identify the strengths/weaknesses of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions, or approaches to hard problems
- Ability to develop and maintain a deep understanding of Hilton’s business processes and systems as they relate to Revenue Management, Distribution, and Sales across brands and geographies
- Ability to analyze extensive amounts of information and provide constructive feedback and direction through the application of critical thinking and discernment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal communication, to explain complex issues in a clear and concise manner, and to engage audiences when communicating these issues broadly
- Capability to handle multiple projects within deadlines; work effectively under time and resource constraints; effectively balance multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and provide recommendations and drive the execution of optimal solutions.
- Collaborative teammate, who makes good judgment and can influence internal and external decision-makers with diplomacy
- Greatly focused on process and organized, with keen attention to detail
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, diverse environment
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years working in role-relevant environments and fields
- Five (5) years leading teams
- Travel domestically and globally, up to 30% - 35%
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS or Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Fifteen (15) years of professional experience
- Professional experience in digital travel, hospitality, or adjacent industries and business fields
- Sound understanding of Hilton brands, operations, systems, and organization
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.