Portfolio/Project Manager SI
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Portfolio management (PfM) personnel monitor programs and projects across the organization to identify gaps, prioritize investments for capabilities and innovation, and align programs and projects to budget exercises. PfM personnel coordinate across portfolio stakeholders to gather and execute technology needs and ensure solutions are delivered to meet the mission. PfM personnel support the customer by centrally balancing all portfolio strategic goals and objectives, conducts governance and process improvement, and support the staff officer who manages the organization's budget and spend plan. The PfM personnel deliver quarterly portfolio reviews, an annual portfolio budget build, and portfolio status reports. Responsibilities: - Provide SME on the customer perspective to new or ongoing technology initiatives - Provide budget, plans, and portfolio analysis - Identify and monitor existing or emerging issues and developing solutions - Communicate strategic recommendations and supporting subsequent implementation - Liaise with other components and centers to gather technology needs and highlight needs, gaps, and overlaps to a strategic advisory board, - Monitor technology programs, projects, budgets, and investments to identify trends and concepts that can enhance the organizations' decision-making for the overall strategy - Keep abreast of other components strategies, and technology goals, objectives, targets, and make recommendations to keep portfolios aligned accordingly.
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
- Strong experience in quantitative analysis, financial analysis, IT portfolio management or closely related field
- Strategic planning and resource management processes
- Program planning and execution processes
- Business resources planning practices and cost analysis methodologies
- Ability to apply analytic, diagnostic and quantitative techniques to identify, evaluate, and recommend to senior leaders substantive solutions to resolve interrelated problems and issues
- Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Energetic and independent self-starter who thrives with little direction
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
- Ability to convey strategic and enterprise topics to tactical personnel
- Prior experience with a variety of operational technology