Greenberg Traurig, a premier global law firm, currently has an excellent opportunity in its Northern Virginia office for a Business Immigration Paralegal. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Business Immigration Paralegal will partner with Immigration attorneys/paralegals on all aspects of case management and preparation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare nonimmigrant petitions and applications, e.g., H-1B, TN
- Prepare immigrant filings, e.g., PERM labor certifications, I-140, I-485
- Prepare response to Request for Evidence
- Perform case intake, analyze case documents, and draft correspondence for submission to various immigration offices
- Coordinate timely and accurately regarding case progress and preparation
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals regarding case filings via phone and email
Manage various administrative duties including maintaining
case management and
document management databases
Monitor expiration dates and prepare case status reports for clients using
- Contact USCIS and U.S. consulate/embassies to check case status, schedule visa appointments and interviews
- Research law, procedure and keep track of immigration law updates
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff.
- Excellent customer service skills that reflects a positive attitude and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision.
Demonstrated ability to handle high volume case load while maintaining
- Outstanding case management and organizational skills are required.
- Must possess strong writing skills.
- Attention to detail is required.
Be able to
work independently toward team goals.
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands.
- Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk from work station to desk or to go to various offices to retrieve assignments.
This position may also be sedentary and require the employee to sit for extended periods of time.
- Requires manual dexterity to dial a telephone, enter data into a computer, handle objects and operate tools.
- Some filing is required and this would entail the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
3 years Business Immigration experience within a law firm with demonstrated knowledge of complex issues within the Immigration practice area.
- Must be proficient with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Must be familiar with immigration case management systems such as
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.