IT Program Manager
J5 Consulting is a Maryland based company established in 2006 to provide computing and consulting services for government and commercial entities. Our services improve Information System networking performance and compliance and protect electronic assets from loss and compromise. We welcome your application to receive consideration for the following position.
The Customer drives the process to tailor and diversify evolving capabilities for mission needs.The Customer identifies and articulates the most pressing technology priorities on behalf of executive level leadership. Collaborating with various mission partners and technology partners to guide the development, innovative application, and timely deployment of alternative communications and unique technology solutions that enables critical mission needs for field elements.
The position will:
- Manage ongoing tracking processes and coordination support across the Customer and respective stakeholders.
- Create reports and briefings that easily and concisely describe highly complex programs and current and future plans for each.
- Draft, coordinate, and maintain documentation such as operating procedures, internal memorandums, and correspondences with stakeholders.
- Provide support and assist coordinating the testing and analysis of next generation tools and capabilities.
- Analyze and identify technical issues and offer options for resolution on technical activities involving field elements.
- Lead discussions, and facilitate meetings and working groups.
- Develop briefings to commutate key management directives to include issues, risks, actions, and mitigation plans.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for areas of improvement within the Customers existing technical processes and policies.
- Develop mechanisms for corresponding with stakeholders on project milestones and progress and program status.
- Review multiple projects involving complex information systems, data transport platforms, unique communications solutions, and alternative technology capabilities.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to evaluate emerging capabilities for rapid insertion of alternative technologies to advance or sustain critical mission needs.
- Conduct de-confliction of procurement, supply and equity chains, payment methods used in the development or deployment of innovative technologies.
- Review capability requirements, CI assessments, risk mitigation strategies, and process management techniques, program and project schedules and costs, procurement strategies, supply and equity chains that support the development and deployment of alternative communications and technology solutions.
- Identify and recommend key process improvement initiatives to address risk management of the Customers technology approval process.
- Provide weekly status reports.
Required skills and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience working as a project lead from early-stage development through to approval process and deployment.
- Demonstrated experience with supporting an enterprise or large program office with multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing projects based on criticality and immediate need, while ensuring that work is completed on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated experience with reviewing technical solutions and project and cost schedules.
- Demonstrated experience formulating process improvement and project oversight.
- Demonstrated experience in problem resolution to include organizing and structuring solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience with boutique or stand-alone technical solutions for use in technical activities.
- Demonstrated experience researching emerging technology trends to provide talking points and background information for stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in emerging technologies such as blockchain and network monitoring software.
- Demonstrated experience working with little to no supervision.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with stakeholders on new technical processes, services, and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with analyzing capability requirements and security assessments, and supporting the development and deployment of technology capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience with technical exchange meetings with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience briefing and writing for technical and non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrated experience with drafting or reviewing program documentation.
- Demonstrated experience defining and implementing communication solutions.
- Demonstrated experience creating business workflows and process roadmaps.
- Demonstrated experience preparing project or program briefings status for executive audiences or corporate boards.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with senior and executive audiences through briefings or written correspondences.
- Demonstrated experience consulting leadership with program management activities such as problem resolution, task schedules, new requirements, training needs, or task clarification.
Highly desired, though not required, include:
- Demonstrated experience liaising between teams to advance Customer -wide activities that support overall organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated experience and strong collaboration skills to bring resources to bear when faced with complex issues in full project management lifecycle for diverse portfolio of Technical missions.
- Demonstrated expertise within cross-organizational missions, technical needs, security protocols, and acquisition processes.
- Demonstrated experience documenting and coordinating the Customers guidance for unique capabilities to support activities.
- Demonstrated experience with the Customers network review board process.
- Demonstrated experience in acquisition processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with technology CI/Security assessments, Threat Matrixes, Supply Chain security, Equity Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and Acquisitions and Mergers.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) actions.
- Demonstrated experience with the end to end CFIUS process; Internal and external to Customer.
- Demonstrated experience with emerging technologies such as hardware, software, software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategies.
- Demonstrated experience with the Customers Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) process.
- Demonstrated experience writing white papers on technical capabilities and highlighting opportunities for technology exploitation (e.g. White Hat, Black Hat, and Gray Hat themes).
- Demonstrated experience using the Customers vendor vetting process and coordinating findings with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in emerging technologies such as FINTECH and financial industry monitoring software.
- Demonstrated experience gathering, defining, and managing stakeholder requirements in support of technical capabilities, in accordance with specific regulation and policy.
- Demonstrated experience with Customers network, technical, and acquisition review processes.
- Demonstrated experience with the Customers approval boards and review panels.
- Demonstrated experience working with Customers decision board members to review mission objectives, business processes, and risk management strategies applied toward programs and projects.
- Demonstrated experience with the Customers efforts to maintain proper governance standards for approving stand-alone or boutique communications and technology solution.
- Demonstrated experience with Customer information security requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing activities and tasking through the entire project lifecycle to include acquisition planning, supply chain security, risk mitigation, and funding method selection.
- This position requires US Citizenship. Verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements will be confirmed.
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The position will be located within the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA).
- Local travel/POV will be on an as needed basis, within the local place of performance.
J5 Consulting offers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.