CrossCountry Consulting is the trusted partner and expert advisor to leading organizations that are dealing with pressing business needs. We help our clients transform their finance, accounting, operations, risk, and technology functions in order to effectively prepare them for complex change, optimized performance, and accelerated business growth. Our consultants work collaboratively with our clients to provide customized solutions to our clients’ specific and ever-changing needs.
CrossCountry Consulting is built on the fundamental principles of dynamic growth and shared values. Our culture reflects an environment that nourishes and promotes excellent client service, team collaboration, and individual advancement.
Join our team where Excellence is a priority, Collaboration and teamwork are the norm, Energy is contagious, and the opportunity to make an Impact is endless. See for yourself why our success relies on our people.
Click here to see what made us one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies for the fourth consecutive year!
The Immigration Specialist role will oversee the visa application process, determine applicant eligibility, compile applications, and maintain compliance with immigration regulations. This position reports to the Immigration Manager under the internal Human Resources function. Basic responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, liaising with candidates and consultants, responding to information requests, coordinating special projects, and performing additional ad hoc projects as required.
Ensure compliance with all requisite employment laws and determine employment eligibility for visa holders, including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Determine employment eligibility for international candidates
- Liaise with international candidates prior to their employment with firm
- Track, gather, analyze, and prepare documentation
- Confer with legal contacts, as required
- Prepare visa applications to file with government agencies
- Remain current on immigration policies and regulations
- Create, maintain, and audit confidential employee immigration files, adhering to both U.S. and international data privacy and retention laws
- Update and amend immigration records on a real-time basis
- Provide status updates to team
Support the CrossCountry Leadership Team, including, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Organize and analyze immigration data
- Prepare reports and metrics on various initiatives, as needed
- Concurrently manage multiple projects in a fast paced, intense, results-oriented environment
Provide ongoing support for international consultants:
- Participate in planning and execution of training and onboarding
- Ensure consultants maintain valid immigration status throughout duration of employment
- Provide real-time information to consultants
- Three or more years in human resources, operations, or consulting
- Experience or familiarity with visa processing preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong desire to learn
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines, especially in high pressure situations
- Able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances
- High energy, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit!
- Professional and responsive personality
- Experience supporting multiple senior managers and/or large projects
- Experience working with sensitive information
- Experience working in corporate environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, self-confidence, and flexibility
- Great sense of humor required
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in business administration, human capital/resources, or communications