From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The Ernst & Young LLP (EY) Government & Public Sector (GPS) Digital practice is helping organizations solve complex problems through purpose-led transformation. To achieve this mission, a diverse and talented team from around the globe are creating innovative digital experiences that help our clients succeed and thrive.
Our US GPS digital practice combines an understanding of the public sector’s diverse mission needs with private sector leading practices. We respond to each client’s issues by bringing together highly skilled professionals across our Advisory, Assurance, Tax and Transaction service lines. This integrated approach provides the support and flexibility to meet the unique requirements of our clients.
You will join a talented group of professionals who are advising U.S. federal agencies with digital strategy, customer experience, process improvement, technology effectiveness, digital architecture, program integration, audit readiness and financial management, to name only a few. As a member of our GPS Digital team, you will help our clients envision, design and implement a range of high-impact digital solutions and services involving mobile technologies, customer experience, analytics, content management, cloud technologies and other services. In addition, you will work with a global team of digital practitioners on innovative technologies and help bring those solutions to market with our customers.
Your key responsibilities:
As a senior supporting digital practice engagements, you will be responsible for supporting your team members with developing the customer experience, business requirements and strategy, work effectively as a team member; provide all necessary support to your peers and leadership, and be able to communicate and update team members on progress. In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop customer experience and user interaction for digital projects, including experience maps and personas, information architecture, taxonomy and other deliverables
- Develop wireframes and mock-ups for web and mobile experiences
- Define the features and requirements for digital products, including web applications, mobile solutions, social and other digital platforms
- Develop project plans, briefings and other required artifacts for engagements as required
- Develop capability briefings and various work products/marketing pieces for digital to support a growing internal center of excellence and community of practice
- Support business development activities for digital opportunities, including capture management, client presentations and proposal support
In addition to your client responsibilities, you will also be expected to fulfil senior-level responsibilities within the firm. EY senior support people-related initiatives, including recruiting events and interview nights. Senior are also expected to support and participate in internal, firm activities, including training programs and courses in order to stay current on training requirements and continuously improve technical skills. Lastly, you will be expected to understand and follow all workplace policies and procedures, including all applicable Independence policies.
Skills and attributes for success:
You will ideally have previous exposure to technology consulting, and a keen interest in advising the US government and Public sector. You should have strong communication skills, and business and technology acumen, and have a passion for delivering value to our clients.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, which will be driven by the engagement requirement
- Responsible for overall solution design, build, test, root cause analysis, advanced tuning of complex business processes and functionality, performing gap analysis, and document new requirements
- 2 years of experience in one of the following areas:
- Emerging Technology – Including but not limited to Blockchain, Robotics Process Automation, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning, etc.
- Digital / User Experience – Digital Strategy, Digital Marketing, IT Transformations, UX Design, SharePoint, Digital Product & Project Management, Prototyping, User Experience Design, etc.
- Cloud Technology – Journey-to-Cloud, Cloud Strategy, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Information Architecture, etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Design, build, and test business processes
- Contribute to the entire implementation process
- Visual design experience preferred, including user interface development from Web and mobile experiences
- Experience in user centered design practices and principles, including research & testing, information architecture, prototyping, taxonomy and other areas
- Experience in agile scrum methodology and management tools (e.g., JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
- Experience executing project plans on large, complex engagements from analysis through implementation
- Experience in Pega platform
- Expertise in developing written and visual communication products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Adobe creative suite as well as prototyping software
- Knowledge of major digital trends and platforms
- Knowledge of modern web and mobile architecture
- Ability to collaborate with clients and identify engagement follow-on opportunities
What we look for:
Strong team work, work ethic, commitment to continuous improvement and a relentless commitment to EY values.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world
Apply now & make your mark.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.