Government & Public Sector - Data & Analytics Manager
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage the collection and analysis of large client and operational data sets
- Oversee documentation and execution of procedures
- Drive development of client deliverables
- Manage the performance of manual and automated data extraction, transformation, and loading procedures
- Manage the creation and execution of queries to view, create and update client data
- Manage client data and information collection to support weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports and interactive dashboards
- Manage the creation and processing of client data files and other client deliverables
- Manage the performance of due diligence and investigative research on client projects
- Contribute to the design of and manage the execution of client business, financial and operational documentation
- Identify potential audit issues or unusual relationships from analysis of financial statements
- Identify opportunities to enhance data reporting and analysis for specific projects and engagements
- Monitor project / engagement scope and schedule and the progress of client engagement deliverables
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders across other EY functional groups
- Meet engagement project expectations defined by project and engagement stakeholders
- Identify, communicate and address project risks, assumptions and constraints
- Direct field work, inform supervisors of the engagement status and manage team performance
- Manage resources, communications, and cost management of projects/programs
To qualify for this role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree
- Must be eligible for a secret clearance or higher
- 5-7 years of relavent, professional experience in data & analytics
- Proficiency with SQL, Python, R, Tableau, Power BI, SAS, Redshift, and Teradata required
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
In our data and analytics practice, we look for various specialties including data science & statistics, data engineering, data modeling & visualization and/or data analysis.
The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs.
For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
Ideally, you'll also have
- PMP or CISA is desired
- Ability to obtain other certifications as may be required by Federal regulations
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of vacation plus 12 observed holidays and 3 paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.