Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an individual to join its sales finance team focusing on the Americas (AMER) and US Public Sector (PBST) Sales Theaters. Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast-growing business. This finance manager position will report into the Global Sales FP&A Director and be principally responsible for leading sales planning and annual budgeting processes, monthly close and quarter-end reporting processes, end-to-end P&L management and ad-hoc business support. You will partner closely with all the AMER Theater sales executives as well as sales operations teams to plan and prioritize supporting the company’s sales initiatives and growth objectives. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become the FP&A lead in supporting front-line, and fast-growing parts of the sales organization, while owning crucial finance processes
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Work with Regional Sales Execs to support our strategic and financial planning processes, the annual plan, and quarterly financial forecasts as well as the underlying financial planning models, systems and tools
- Develop and monitor leading performance indicators for both growth and productivity, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances in performance
- Prepare monthly and quarterly models and business reviews to Execs on Theater P&Ls - analyzing results, distilling/synthesize business KPIs, assess business risk and operating performance, and timely communicate risks and opportunities to management
- Assist in other ad-hoc analysis in partnership with sales ops and presentation of strategic materials for sales management
- Introduce improvements to improve accuracy of processing / reporting and develop data controls to ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting
- Collaborate with various functional departments and internally within Finance as appropriate.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 8+ years of progressive finance experience, with a strong preference of having directly supported large enterprise sales organizations, or in support of a software/Saas business
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Collaboratively focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever-changing business
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal direct supervision
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Experience in complex modelling (e.g., Headcount, return on investment assessment, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with an ability to craft order out of ambiguity
- Outstanding software and system skills (e.g., SAP, Expert at Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets a must. SAP, Workday, Salesforce.com, Anaplan experience a plus
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related relevant areas
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.