CrossCountry Consulting is the trusted partner and expert advisor to leading organizations that are dealing with pressing business needs. We help our clients transform their finance, accounting, operations, risk, and technology functions in order to effectively prepare them for complex change, optimized performance, and accelerated business growth. Our consultants work collaboratively with our clients to provide customized solutions to our clients’ specific and ever-changing needs.
CrossCountry Consulting is built on the fundamental principles of dynamic growth and shared values. Our culture reflects an environment that nourishes and promotes excellent client service, team collaboration, and individual advancement.
Join our team where Excellence is a priority, Collaboration and teamwork are the norm, Energy is contagious, and the opportunity to make an Impact is endless. See for yourself why our success relies on our people.
Click here to see what made us one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies for the fourth consecutive year!
Our project teams provide a unique blend of critical skills – deep industry experience, accounting operations expertise, and process improvement – to help clients respond to opportunities, address complex change, and improve operations. Our clients rely on CrossCountry for far-reaching expertise, positive direction, and proven results.
As an Associate Director in CrossCountry’s Business Transformation Practice, you will serve as an extension of our leadership team to lead, develop, and build our finance transformation and optimization services. In this role you’ll help our clients optimize and align their operating model (organization, process, and technology) to be a better strategic business partner to the business.
Responsibilities: Client Delivery
- Partner with our clients to create, develop, plan, and execute effective and consensus-driven optimization and transactions strategies to include: assessing current state, visualizing desired state operating model, providing a clear roadmap to guide the transformation, ensuring organizational structure maximizes productivity and/or control issues, etc.
- Manage projects through creating, coordinating, and maintaining an integrated project plan as well as using project management tools
- Lead projects across the project lifecycle from current state documentation, gap analysis, requirements gathering, future state design, and implementation across the organizational, process, technology and data dimensions
Responsibilities: Practice Leadership
- Serve as a key leader in our practice by guiding and directing strategic firm and practice initiatives
- Lead marketing and business development efforts in support of all the firm’s services with a focus on continuing to develop Business Transformation's Finance Optimization service offerings
- Developing new client relationships as well as expanding at existing clients
- Participate in firm-wide committees and internal initiatives such as thought leadership, industry forums, recruiting, sales/business development, marketing, training, and organizational development
- Manage teams by guiding performance against objectives, creating an atmosphere of trust and collaboration, modeling leadership behaviors, and encouraging continuous improvement/innovation
- Lead coaching family by serving as a role model, coach, mentor and liaison to the leadership team
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 25%
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 10+ years of relevant experience helping organizations through complex finance transformation and optimization projects across people, process, and technology
- Experience delivering complex finance transformation projects for CFOs, CAOs, Controllers and Fortune 500 companies, to include: leading planning and design, managing the projects, interfacing with executives and boards of directors, and developing follow-on work
- Prior experience in professional services (public accounting or advisory firm), preferably at the “Big Four” or with a management consulting firm
- Broad understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems as well as cloud-based solutions
- Project Management experience including Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Prior experience supporting transformation as a result of, or in preparation for, one or more of the following areas: Acquisition Integration, Spin-Off, Carve-Out, IPO Readiness
- Strong preference for Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or operational accounting experience
- Knowledgeable of leading practices in the CFO/CAO/Controllership organizations as well as current market trends that may be impacting the finance group
- Lean or Six-Sigma training or methodology
- Target Operating Model (TOM) experience
- Demonstrated track record of establishing credibility both internally and externally
- Proven leader with the ability to foster an environment of collaboration and excellence
- Passionate about building, developing, motivating, and leading others
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to think from a “big picture” perspective
- Creativity, confidence, and flexibility
- High energy, enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in accounting, finance, information systems, or similar business or technical discipline