Reach New Heights
As the leading cloud solutions provider, we’re on a mission to elevate technology and people so you can reach new heights.
Yes, you. Empowering people to keep growing, learning and succeeding is what we do for our customers and colleagues alike.
As a Cloudreacher you’ll belong to a diverse and dynamic growing global community, play an integral role in shaping an industry at the forefront of technological transformation, and receive constant opportunities to progress in your career.
We passionately believe that innovation is something that’s lived and breathed. Our culture isn’t a nice-to-have but key to who we are and what we can deliver. When we look ahead, we see a bright future.
You too? Let’s talk.
Which team will you be part of?
You will be part of the Professions team and will report directly to the Head of Professions.
What will your responsibilities be?
The role is responsible for Commercial Performance, Career Management, coaching/mentoring and Service Readiness of our Architects. This role requires strong teamwork skills to work effectively with the other Professions managers, Global Resourcing Team and Delivery to deliver a positive end-to-end customer experience. Another key outcome for is maintaining and improving team engagement and reducing attrition through people focused internal initiatives.
- To drive the commercial performance of the Profession to enable maximum revenue generation and gross margin
- Planning the scaling of the Profession workforce, and to hire or rightsize in partnership with our People Operations and Talent Acquisition functions
Capability and Capacity
- Collaborates with Delivery Stakeholders and Global Resourcing Team to forecast resource and skills needs for upcoming engagements.
- Proactively engage with Customer Transformation Advisory and Customer Delivery to identify, prioritize near and long term training needs and drive/support the maintenance of a skills development plan (tailored for regions).
- Work with Senior Architects and People to develop internal talent growth initiatives
- Support G&D in launching soft skills training programs and provide feedback to ensure programs are relevant to the needs of the Engineers
- Prioritize needs around internal and 3rd party training and events and work to secure budget
- Support the Talent Acquisition team in attracting and hiring new talent. Play an active role in candidate selection during the hiring process.
- Accelerate ramp up times for new hires and where there is a skills shortage
- Working with Global Resourcing Team to properly resource project commitments, and fulfil Customer needs
- Service Delivery readiness of the team, ensuring that your team is supported and guided in cross-skilling to increase the opportunity of project assignment
- Ensure rotation requests are followed through within a sensible time period
Line management, Career Development and Coaching
- Support team members in building/maintaining an individual development plan that identifies key growth areas, training needs and a structured plan for achieving improvement.
- Proactively seek and provide regular feedback to team members on their performance and follow through by coaching and supporting in areas for improvements
- Have good understanding of the development needs and interests of individuals in your team and where appropriate connect them with a mentor
- Build engagement in the mentoring community from Senior Engineers/Architects and seek to diversify this group
- Provide the environment and encourage direct reports and mentor community to knowledge sharing as key to engagement
- Manage/Support a consistent and fair promotion process across Engineering team, working closely with our People team.
- Be a coach or advisor to other people managers or engineers who are looking to further develop soft skills
- Good understanding of the business needs and ability to translate what that means for skills development
- Support individuals to understand how their individual goals align with company goals
- Conducting periodic performance reviews with direct reports and collecting and providing feedback to the individuals.
- Responsible for approximately 25 or higher number of direct reports (mix or seniority levels within a profession) and will have all of the line management responsibilities expected for their team, such as expense and holiday approval, remuneration and managing absences.
- Reviewing, improving and, if necessary, the termination of under-performing members of the billable Staff
- Communicates business update and make it relatable to the individual’s contribution
- Work closely with People throughout the year on skills/tools needs and Talent Management, specifically Performance and Reward.
- Create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can bring their full selves to work
Communication and Collaboration
- Provide regular input in to Communication Newsletters and All Hands call to Engineering team. Ensuring that individual achievements are highlighted and champions future career development opportunities and programs.
What are we looking for?
- You have 3+ years of management experience or senior technical leadership experience in a services environment.
- You area relationship builder and strong decision maker - sometimes with limited information at your disposal
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment, and handling ambiguous situations. We grow fast, and your role will evolve over time.
- Confident presenting to large audiences, both internally and externally
- You’re not just a hard worker, but an efficient one. You love multitasking, and working across multiple regions and respect and understand cultural differences
- Excellent communication skills. You can write, speak, and optionally sing/dance in a professional convincing and persuasive way.
What you’ll get:
Becoming a Cloudreacher gives you much more than a job title. We reward your skills and expertise by delivering value back, through the Cloudy Deal:
- Compensation & Wellbeing: We base your total compensation on the skills, knowledge and behaviors you bring to Cloudreach and aspire to provide flexible benefits, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance that helps you thrive.
- High Impact: We want you to make a personal impact: delivering results that help grow the business and make a difference to our customers, your colleagues and your community. Job satisfaction at its best.
- Career Development: You'll find constant opportunities to take on new roles and grow with Cloudreach, as well as training, coaching, and continuous feedback to boost your expertise and give you career-enhancing skills.
- Culture & Engagement: We have a dynamic and inclusive working environment built for collaboration, flexibility, openness – and fun, with managers who listen, engage and empower your actions.
- Recharging your batteries: When you need time to recharge, our uncapped holiday allowance will do the trick.
- Feeding your mind: Expand your mind through our excellent learning platforms and become a fully-fledged Cloudreacher before you know it.
- Taking care of your body: We help take care of your body through our health and wellness programmes, and sustain you throughout the day with snacks and drinks from our well-stocked kitchens.
- Lifting your spirit: Our dynamic workspaces are designed to accommodate individual working styles, complete with pool tables and beanbags for more playful moments.
- Giving you flexibility: You’ll feel immediately plugged in with a brand new Macbook and smartphone for the office and beyond, helping you work where and how you want.
- Connecting you: Our regular Cloudy Lunches bring everyone together to bond over a plate – or two – of free food.
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.