Job Description: The Senior Principal IT Architect works closely with Business Partner Teams, Business Development, Program Leadership, Global Business Services, and IT SMEs across the business to understand and communicate the needs of the customer. With a focus on strategy, they engaged in growth efforts, identifying IT requirements, defining the IT approach for meeting the requirements and coordinating the overall IT architecture response. Execution of these responsibilities will require the ability to effectively synthesize technical strategy, standards, processes, and technology to achieve the objectives of each engagement. The successful candidate will join an integrated team in applying architecture methods and emerging technology for integrated, resilient IT solutions. They will have both the communication skills and technical knowledge to be confident when engaging with business partners and proposal teams to ensure IT is an active partner in delivering innovative solutions and designs.
Key Responsibilities: Ability to operate at this level requires strong communication skills, extensive industry and technical experience as well as an ability to leverage a broad network of technologists within and outside of the Raytheon Community.
Candidate must be able to develop creative, robust, and secure IT solutions both domestically and internationally. A holistic view of the potential deliverable system is critical to developing an affordable offering to the end customer. Candidate must understand the business and import/export environment and globally represent Raytheon as a technical leader.
Examples of typical activities may include:
- Develop and coordinate IT technology strategies, roadmaps, and reference architectures
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical solutions
- Support proposal teams and technical review teams
- Identify concepts and projects that cover gaps in technology roadmaps, which attempt to bring innovative technology into the fold, bringing cost reduction to core technologies
- Develop architectures and solutions for engagements and be proficient in conveying these architectures to both internal stakeholders and to end customers
- Form effective business relationships; foster and open culture of collaboration and innovation within the architecture team and with other functions
- Be a key contributor on teams working with Raytheon domestic and international customers
- Work as an emissary from IT to proposal teams leveraging broad technical skills to define areas where IT can provide leadership in system design
- Perform technology evaluations, develop proof-of-concepts, and look for opportunities to introduce advanced Information Technologies into solutions and products to create business value
- As an Integrated Product Team Lead, develop and drive common processes and tools across the Architect function
- 10+ years of applicable experience providing technical solutions for large complex IT systems, demonstrating a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Experience in engaging customers to develop systems designs, including architecture, ConOps, and deployment options for both classified and unclassified processing and communications systems
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences using verbal, written, and graphical means in proposal efforts and product strategies
- Experience with business capture activities including proposal development
- Demonstrated architecture expertise including enterprise, business, application, network, infrastructure, data, and security
- Expertise in complete systems design in infrastructure technologies including server operating systems, server hardware, compute, storage, networks, virtualization, VoIP, video, encryption, and security
- Working knowledge of big data, predictive analytics, cloud computing, and other industry trends that can be applied to our business products and services
- Candidate must have the ability to clearly articulate ideas, process steps, and technical data in written, graphical, and spoken dialogue
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence, and work with others collaboratively and constructively
- Candidate must be both an innovative and strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally
- Minimum of Secret clearance or ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Proven track record of developing concepts and products that extends knowledge in a given field or pursuit
- Raytheon Certified Architect, TOGAF, and CISSP/ISSAP certifications
- Familiarity with Government security controls including NISPOM, JAFAN, ICD 503, and the RMF
- Familiarity with the IPDS (Integrated Product Development System) program management processes, track record of adherence to cost and schedule, and ability to team effectively, including that of suppliers, contractors, and other Raytheon organizations
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent field of study
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Space And Airborne Systems
Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Cyber Jobs, Data Networking, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Integration & Test Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering
Type Of Job
Secret - Current
U.S. FLSA Classification