AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Regional Business Specialist
Location: McKinney, TX
Shift: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Business Specialist Services
As a Regional Business Specialist you will:
- Be responsible for completing pre-billing validation activities for one or more Home Health locations to ensure bills prepared for submission of payment meet regulatory requirements to ensure the company appropriately bills for services delivered, in a timely manner, to the appropriate payor.
- Perform review of the EMR to determine readiness for individual client claims submission to the appropriate payor.
- Review physician orders in preparation for claims submission.
- Verify all physician orders needed for claims submission have been attached to the EMR.
- Verify all physician orders are dated or contain a “date received” stamp by the location.
- Verify all orders have been signed by the appropriate physician.
- Verify Face-to-Face (F2F) documentation in the EMR for the billing period being reviewed, as appropriate.
- Print reports each day to validate client claim readiness for billing
- Validate receipt of client consent/paperwork required prior to billing; ensures OASIS has been sent and accepted. Verifies physician ordered visits match actual visits performed.
- Track the daily receipt of additional documentation needed so that claims may be submitted timely.
- Ensure missed visits are documented in the EMR, along with the reason and notification to the physician.
- Review the EMR to verify home health aide supervisory visits are completed every 14 days.
- Collaborate with the Director of Reimbursement regarding questions regarding the billing process.
- Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- High school diploma; Associates Degree or higher preferred
- 3+ years of relevant healthcare billing processes experience preferred
- Proficient experience in the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Knowledge of medical billing and collection practices
- Knowledge of federal and state billing requirements
- Is detailed oriented and possesses critical thinking skills needed to review data in the EMR and determine what activities are billable versus non-billable
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently in a remote location without direct supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with others who are not in the same location via phone, email, and face-to-face
- Is assertive, yet able to confront others at various levels within the chain of command in the spirit of performing duties that meet regulatory requirements
- Possesses the ability to educate frontline clinicians one-on-one on information needed to bill services delivered