AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Intake Coordinator LVN/LPN
Location: McKinney, TX
Shift: Full Time (this position has rotating weekend on call)
As an Intake Coordinator LVN/LPN, you will:
- Receive, screen and process all referral information to the appropriate team member.
- Perform insurance verification or obtain authorization from any organization making referral that is at risk and requires prior authorization.
- Consult with the Director of Patient Care Services as necessary to ensure that all services are authorized and reimbursable prior to providing the service.
- Communicate all referral/intake information to appropriate Scheduler and Clinical Supervisor immediately upon intake.
- Order home medical equipment when appropriate. Make arrangements for any services needed but not provided by AccentCare Home Health.
- Coordinate referral with Scheduler, Clinical Supervisors, and DPS to ensure quality and appropriate patient services. Assists Scheduler and Clinical Supervisor to ensure referrals are staffed and followed appropriately.
- Receive and process calls requesting information about AccentCare Home Health Services. Make every effort to provide services as appropriate to customers at the time of the initial call.
- Comply with State, Title 22 and JCAHO regulations and practices.
- Assist with telephone triage and customer service issues.
- Receive and processes physician orders in a timely manner.
- Provide back up for the Clinical Supervisor with incoming calls.
- Maintain a verification log that ensures that every referral received by the agency has been appropriately processed.
- Assist with copying and distribution of referral information.
- Provide daily follow-up and tracking of hospitalized patients and informs appropriate staff.
- Receive and process calls from field staff. Assist field staff with obtaining orders, coordinating supplies, and other duties as requested.
- Maintain a log tracking all lab work drawn; ensuring that appropriate personnel receives results.
- Coordinate referrals with Resource Infusion Pharmacy when appropriate; ensuring accurate information is coordinated between AccentCare Home Health Services and Resource Infusion Pharmacy.
- Assume other responsibilities as delegated by the Director of Patient Care Services.
- Provide for public relations with the community-at-large, as well as organizations and individuals involved in the health field.
- Ensure the accuracy of public information materials and activities.
- Interact effectively with corporate staff, managers, employees, clients, professional colleagues and vendors.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA).
- Participate in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA training programs.
- Report concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance using the 4-Step Reporting Process.
- Cooperate with monitoring and audit functions and
- Participate, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Requires a valid license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse,
- California or MA Licenses a Plus
- Minimum of one year experience as an LVN or RN in a medical setting, preferably home health
- Knowledge of state and federal and accreditation requirements
- Data entry skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills (especially telephone)