AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.Apply at http://jobs.jobvite.com/accentcare
Position: Clerical Intake Coordinator
Location: McKinney, TX
Shift: Full Time (This role has rotating weekend on-call)
As a Clerical Intake Coordinator you will:
- Provides initial coordination of information with clients, their family members, physicians, referral sources, facility staff, agency staff, and any others involved in assuring continuity of client care.
- Informs referral sources, clients, family members, and physicians about clinical and non-clinical programs available in the home setting.
- Collaborates with the client, physician, referral source, sales, and/or local branch to collect information needed to process a referral as well as resolving aging referrals.
- Documents all referral related information, actions taken, and follow-up required in the medical record in a timely and accurate manner and ensures referral orders are reviewed by the appropriate clinical Intake staff.
- Provides information to the local branch and sales team that will assist in determining non-admission decisions for pending referrals.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Minimum of one year experience in home care, hospice, or personal care services, preferred
- Prior use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR), preferred
- Experience in dealing with a variety of payors in healthcare, e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payors, preferred.
- Customer service focused, including the ability to set the caller at ease and encourage open dialogue about the client’s needs and ability to maintain composure in addressing stressful and/or challenging situations
- Ability to work with a variety of team members representing other functional areas that directly or indirectly impact client Intake
- Excellent organizational skills as well as telephone, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with both professionals and non-professionals
- Knowledge and skills in the use of computers and software programs
- Knowledge of pertinent state, federal, and local regulatory req