The Welder is responsible for welding components using a MIG or TIG process and assembling products per specifications and in accordance with the production schedule. This position requires certification in company specific structural welds where weld strength is critical. Also required to perform some assembly and/or other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to work from verbal instructions, prints, or work orders.
- Required to setup equipment, prepare surfaces to be welded, and weld parts.
- Must be able to use hand tools such as grinders, portable spot welder, hammers, screw drivers, vise clamps, fixtures and jigs, etc.
- Must be able to read and layout parts to complex prints, and plan details of working procedure.
- Must be able to perform complex welds.
- Lift, push, pull and manipulate various sizes and shapes up to 75 lbs.
- Repetitive hand use required.
- Hand fitting of parts and component.
- Standing for long periods.
- Walking and moving about, kneeling stretching, twisting, bending reaching, squatting pushing and pulling occasionally to frequently.
- Required: safety glasses with side shields, face shields when operating chip producing equipment such as saws, grinders, routers, wire wheeling, and acid cleaning.
- Hearing protections as needed.
- Gloves as needed.
- Follow safe work instructions and maintain good housekeeping in the work area.
- Other Department/Job specific Personal Protective Equipment as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years MIG/TIG experience and ability to pass internal welding test.
- High School/GED or equivalent relevant experience
- Working knowledge of the principles and methods of welding.
- Skill in operation of welding equipment and tools of the welding trade.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and layout part to prints.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to weld complex welds