$7500 HIRING BONUS: Track Maintenance (Laborer, Truck Driver, Welder) McCook, NE (Mccook, NE, US, 69001)
Apply early as this job may be filled at any time.
Job Location: Mccook
Other Potential Locations: Mccook, NE
Anticipated Start Date: 07/11/2022
Number of Positions: 3
Salary Range: Entry rate is approx. $25.34 - $31.38/hr w. annual pay of 70k-80k w. 3 - 5 years seniority
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
New Hires McCook, NE MOW are eligible for a $7500 hiring incentive - payable over ten (10) months in two equal installments of $3750 available for candidates who meet all qualifications below:
- Offered a position and successfully complete the pre-employment process
- Successful completion of the first four months of new-hire training and service to be eligible for the first $3750 installment
- Complete 6 additional months of active service at the hired location to be eligible for the second $3750 installment.
- Repayment & forfeiture triggers. If any of the following four circumstances occur, (1) I will forfeit any right to Incentives, and (2) will require repayment of 100% of any Incentives received:
- I relocate more than 50 miles from my hired location before36 months from the date I was hired,
- I voluntarily terminate my scheduled employment (I elect to terminate my position and/or scheduled employment regardless of the reason or the advice upon which I based my decision) with BNSF before 36 months from the date I was hired;
- I voluntarily exercise seniority to a district other than my hired district before 36 months from the date I was hired; location before 36 months from the date I was hired, but I fail to return to my hired location; or
- BNSF terminates my scheduled employment for any reason before 36 months from the date I was hired.
- **Additional information will be provided to candidates during the hiring process
Who we are and what we do
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety and service that play a vital role in delivering the nation's freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. Our rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
What we believe
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
- be treated with dignity and respect.
- have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
- have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our eclectic Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve and through training programs. Our actions create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
At BNSF, Safety is a core value of how we do business. Each and every day, our employees are committed to approach one another about safety, which is key in realizing our vision. Employees are also expected to comply with company and federal safety & health regulations, safety rules & policies, as well as procedures that guide work practices to reduce risk to exposure. Such work practices include but are not limited to wearing required safety equipment, responding to safety concerns, and taking appropriate actions in the event of an emergency.
This position is responsible for track maintenance (constructing, inspecting, repairing track and other railroad property/facilities); equipment operation and maintenance; crew and equipment transportation to/from jobsite; travel/work in assigned geographic area.
TRACK MAINTENANCE REPAIR AND INSTALLATION
- Repair and rebuild railroad track using power and non-power hand tools
- Lift/carry track material
- Cut brush, trees and vegetation
- Clear right-of-way of litter and cargo spillage
- Perform maintenance by pulling spikes from ties, drilling holes through rails for bolt insertion, and fitting bolts
- Cut rail
- Manually compress ballast
- Remove/install ties
- Lift, roll, and adjust rails
- Lift/carry track material with assistance
- Remove/replace ballast
- Operate non-powered hand tools such as shovels, picks, axes, cutters, sledgehammers
- Operate proper electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic hand tools such as drills, impact wrenches, jacks, power saws, and grinders
TRUCK DRIVER AND MAINTENACE
- Operate 26K+ lb trucks
- Ensure proper truck and equipment maintenance
- Submit required paperwork for truck repairs or welding equipment
- Weld, grind, and cut rail
- Operate welding truck safely and efficiently
- Order material: welding supplies, grinding stones, reports, safety equipment
- Maintain records and time sheets.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for this position. This is not an exhaustive list of the position’s duties.
- Extreme all-weather conditions
- Walk and perform work on uneven surfaces
- Safety-sensitive work environment
- Loud noise and fumes
- Work on and around heavy/moving machinery
- Full-time (40hrs/wk)
- Subject to on-call, overtime, nights, alternating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Travel to and remain on job sites in designated seniority region and remain on site for extended periods, sometimes days or weeks at a time
- At least 18 years of age, or will be by the anticipated start date listed above
- Ability to report for duty at the designated work location
- Able to work safely in the above working conditions
- Able to work the above shift/hours
- Able to meet the above travel requirements
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs occasionally
- Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license
- Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow, and lunar (clear) light
- Ability to discriminate and differentiate between verbal and non-verbal sounds (signals, alarms, etc.) in the work environment
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Occasionally climb on/off equipment
- Bend, walk, stand and sit for extended time; use hand tools
- Follow safety policies and procedures along with rules compliance; wear required personal protective equipment, including respirators
- Company-paid on-the-job training
- Assistance not available
- Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees
- Dues required per union agreement
SENIORITY DISTRICT TRANSFERS
- Per union agreement
- Director approval required
- 60 days
BNSF Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
COVID-19 Federal Vaccine Mandate
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect all aspects of our lives. From the onset, BNSF’s goals have remained the same: keep our people safe and maintain our essential operations. While we maintained that the decision to be vaccinated for COVID-19 is a personal one, we also encouraged employees to consider the options and make the best decision for themselves and their families.
Under President Biden’s COVID-19 Action Plan, BNSF is covered by the federal mandate requiring vaccination. Effective December 8, 2021, BNSF has paused its implementation of the COVID-19 vaccine mandate given the dynamic legal proceedings. The ultimate outcome of the federal contractor vaccine mandate is yet to be determined. It is still possible that the mandate, as it applies to BNSF, could be upheld in court in the near future. If this happens, BNSF employees would be required to be vaccinated.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
F: MO | Engineering Transitioning Military | Operations - Engineering | Mccook, NE | 69001
Zip/Postal Code: [