Data Analyst Senior
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Statistical Reporting team that is on a journey to modernize off of legacy systems while aligning with Progressive's future IT strategies. This project will allow you to be part of a large effort that will greatly improve the future of Statistical Reporting. Guiding change by utilizing your analytical skills, programming knowledge and creativity are important attributes for a Data Analyst Senior filling this new position. In addition to modernization, there are other projects and ongoing support that require solving complex business problems and creating long term solutions.
Statistical Reporting plays a very important role in the company, as we are required to report data to Department of Insurance and Statistical Agencies. Our team submits approximately 120 data calls per year for all products across the company including Renters and Manufactured home, Business Owner Polices and Transportation Network Company. Due to the growth of Progressive and the reliance on older technologies we face many dilemmas with our data.
Skills and capabilities required in this role:
- Strong technical skills (SAS, SQL, Tableau, Mainframe, etc…)
- Intellectually curious
- Strength in leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or Statistics
- Four business experience with three years' prior analyst experience
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 7 years property casualty insurance experience with related analytical experience (e.g., analytical work in a professional setting)
As one of the largest auto insurance company in the nation, Progressive's data analysts and scientists have access to the most telematics data recorded. With freedom and encouragement to implement your own ideas, you'll be solving big data problems that impact billions of dollars of business. You'll also benefit from:
- Annual gainshare bonus of up to 30% of your salary; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
- 401k which includes dollar-for-dollar company match of up to 6%
- Dedication to work/life balance which includes flexible work arrangements and tools to support your lifestyle
- Dynamic company culture that encourages engagement, supports Employee Resource Groups, values your input and embraces a relaxed atmosphere
- Onsite gym and wellness programs with discounts & rewards
- Healthcare onsite and standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer