- Perform routine housekeeping in all areas of the mill
- Dispose of scrap and waste in the proper receptacles
- Keep floors free from spills and debris
- Return tools to their proper storage place when finished with the tools
- Keep tools in proper working condition or report when tools need repair or replacement
- Keep aisles and walkways clean and open
- Maintain the storm water drains and drop boxes, keeping them clean and clear of debris
- Maintain the receiving tunnels and leg pits, keeping them clean and sump pumps operational
- Report to feed mill management, leaks and damaged equipment that could cause housekeeping, maintenance or production issues
- Relieve Control Room Operator for breaks and fill in during vacations.
- Trained on all OSHA and Company programs.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Produce feed per Company policy and FDA regulation.
- Operate a forklift
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of feed manufacturing equipment operation and maintenance
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.