The Hardware Business Director will have experience leading global product management teams in large scale system programs, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with customers, sales, engineers and senior professionals across functions; and have strong influencing and leadership skills. The Director will be responsible for the overall growth of the business including the identification and recommendation of an acquisition pipeline for inorganic growth aligned to business objectives.
This role requires solid experience leading other leaders and motivating employees, particularly in challenging environments. Lastly, the role will require leadership in progressive hardware development practice evaluation and analysis with the ability and desire to improve processes. The role may require extensive travel.
- Lead the Control and Visualization (CVB) hardware business through the entire product management strategy and lifecycle.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the overall practice of the organization to increase throughout, improve quality, and reduce time to market.
- Actively engage with Engineering, Test, Architecture, QA, customer support, sales and the rest of the organization.
- Successfully manage, motivate and retain members of the hardware business organization.
- Participate in strategic planning to define product strategy, requirements and pricing.
- Drive key cross-functional process improvement initiatives within the business, engineering and other organizations to increase efficiency.
DESIRED LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS
- Stays current in the state of the art technologies and talent.
- Long term planner and creative short-term executor.
- Executive communication skills, both inward and outward.
- Strong experience developing and presenting information to executive-level audiences and customers.
- A strong understanding of how customers apply products into systems.
- Experience in process, DCS or discrete applications.
- Competitive Analysis and benchmarking.
- We're looking for people who are innovative, curious, adaptable and can get things done.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet