Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company. With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2018, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 62 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. Parker's engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world's greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
Assemble a variety of parts, components, and a full line of company products, and perform related operations to prepare materials for shipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Support and adhere to Parker's Code of Ethics, policies, and procedures and observe housekeeping guidelines. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Obtain and lay out parts, secure required tools, gauges, and fixtures in preparation of operations.
- Assemble components and products at various work stations according to cell group activity for specific period.
- Fit, align, and adjust parts and components such as covers, valve bodies, bonnets, plungers, springs, diaphragms, seals, and control valves to close tolerances and free working of parts.
- Make electrical connections, solder connections, prepare and apply sealing materials.
- Apply compound and lap fit mating parts.
- Apply coating material and labels and perform packing operations.
- Perform various tests and pressure gauging operations, rework products to meet specifications if required.
- Hang and identify valves in preparation for painting and visually inspect work to maintain quality standards.
- Record and maintain all necessary record keeping functions.
- Notify supervisor of unusual equipment or operating problems.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Work in other cells or departments as required.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative to the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Over 1 - 2 years experience in assembly operations.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend written and oral instructions, work orders, specification sheets, and short correspondence. Ability to communicate with other associates to share information, solve problems, and train.
Mathematical Skills: Add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, including decimals and fractions. Simple reference use of part and product specifications and drawings. Use adjustable measuring instruments such as torque wrench and special gauges, where interpretation is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Requires the ability to operate various machines and equipment to include hydraulic press, test tanks, pallet jacks, hoist, parts washer, grinders, and various hand and hand powered tools. Requires knowledge of material characteristics and assembly procedures. Requires basic computer skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger or touch objects, tools, or controls. The associate regularly is required to repetitively handle parts and push and pull objects and lift and/or move 5 to 50 lbs. The associate occasionally is required to walk; reach above shoulders; bend and use foot/feet to operate equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and depth perception.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, comes in contact with water or liquids, and has exposure to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Employment Opportunity