Carolina Veterinary Specialists is seeking veterinary professionals to join our busy Surgery department at the Matthews location!
Our surgery team works alongside our two progressive board-certified veterinary surgeons, performing all aspects of patient and surgical care and providing top-notch care including elective, emergency, and novel surgical procedures. The schedule is a 4-day work week with rotating on-call nights, weekends and holidays. The surgery technician enjoys a team-centered work atmosphere and must have at least one year of veterinary anesthesia experience. Tasks will include diagnostics, surgical assisting, administering anesthesia and anesthetic intervention, patient monitoring and recovery, client education, and hands-on skills such as venipuncture, catheterization, surgical prep, lab sample prep, and more! This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills in a teaching environment.
The Veterinary Technician supports hospital operations by providing dedicated quality veterinary care and exceptional service to our patients and clients. You will assist in providing patient care, conducting examinations, assisting during surgery, provide nursing care, and maintaining patient medical records.
- Determine animal requirements by conducting examinations and interviews, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering medications, drugs, and vaccines, and bandaging and wrapping wounds.
- Support patient examinations and operations by assembling required supplies and instruments, securing and bringing patients to examination rooms, and restraining patients.
- Fill prescriptions and administer medications, including proper documentation, logging and security of controlled drugs.
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by following documented standards and procedures in compliance with applicable legal regulations.
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients' conditions, reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate and follow correct procedures in catheter placement, phlebotomy, emergency medicine, and digital radiology.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires a lot of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends and holidays.
We offer competitive pay and put an emphasis on wellness. Our comprehensive benefits package includes many options for medical, dental and health insurance to fit your individual needs, as well as several disability and life insurance options. Benefits also include CE and uniform stipend programs, a generous pet care discount, veterinary assistant and veterinary technician tuition programs, and RECOVER certification.
Our hospital is located in Matthews, NC - just off of I485. We are proud to be a VECCS-level II certified trauma center and have been providing pets and their families with emergency and specialty care since 2012. If you're interested in taking your veterinary career to the next level, don't wait to apply!